PDA

View Full Version : Browsers

holly
07-30-2005, 10:39 PM
I stopped using Explorer some time ago and went to Mozilla, but sometimes things don't show up too well in it. I downloaded Opera and haven't really used it much. My computer is so in need of house cleaning and organizing. What do you all use?

ShawnaW
07-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Ive never tried anything other than explorer

Crsttt
07-31-2005, 12:20 AM
IE here too!

MarshaZepeda
07-31-2005, 01:16 AM
I use Mozilla and love the tabs options... :) BUT I miss my yahoo smilies... :(

Jen_Taylor
07-31-2005, 01:53 AM
I myself am a Netscape girl...... Please no rotten tomatoes!

But, really... I like it. It works great on everything except Yahoo...

ljbarden
07-31-2005, 07:53 AM
I use Firefox (Mozilla's stand alone browser) - Holly, you should check out some of the extensions, Ben was telling me about one that cleans up bad coding so it'll display the page properly.

ditzyscrap
07-31-2005, 12:51 PM
I love me some Mozilla! ;) I use Firefox (browser), Thunderbird (the equivalent of Outlook Express) and Sunbird (calendar). And millions of great extensions! I have ones called IE View that lets me just right click and choose "open this page in IE" in the menu...for the random page that doesn't work in Mozilla.

The funny thing is...that when I'm coding (which I'm new at) the pages ALWAYS work in Mozilla (I use Dreamweaver, which allows me to test in all browsers) but IE it looks awful. When I screw around with the code to make it look right in IE, it looks bad in Mozilla. I think many web designers have given up trying to make it look right in IE since the bug is with it, not the other browsers.

Billie
07-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Safari :)

lunafaerie
07-31-2005, 04:24 PM
I was using Firefox for awhile, but I was having some wierd issues. I haven't heard of Opera, does it work on a Mac. So for right now I'm using Safari, but some things are weird in Safari too. Like I can't see any smilies on this website, but on others I can? If I know the code for the smilie I just add it in, but I can't choose from the list to the right either.

NancyS
08-01-2005, 04:24 AM
I myself am a Netscape girl...... Please no rotten tomatoes!

But, really... I like it. It works great on everything except Yahoo...

I'm with you on the Netscape - 7.2

I really like it and have had no problems with it. It works pretty much the same as Mozilla.

Witchy Mama
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I used Mozilla when I used Windows, at the moment I am using Safari (the standard Mac browser) which has the whole tab thing going on, I do have IE on here but it is really really bad LMAO, half the time pages show up all messed up so I really only use it to get into chatrooms and stuff like that...

cosy
08-30-2005, 12:10 AM
FireFox on my work PC and Camino on my Mac.

I work with our web designer and it is a huge annoyance to get everything to work in every browser. Ugg.

Oh, also on my Mac I use FireFox when blogging. I'm not sure if it's my settings but I get more options like spell check in FF.

lisahoo
12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I hear ya Bree -- lots of nifty toys available for Mozilla!! LOVE it!

Jeanbon
12-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I use Firefox because I have a lot of spyware and malware on IE:17:

I like Firefox because there is very beautiful skin...

anotheraddict
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM
firefox here no extensions. (dh is suspicious of it so he's still on IE)

JenH
12-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I use Firefox and Thunderbird, too. I love all the available extensions.

hawaiianbrat96
12-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I love me some Mozilla! ;) I use Firefox (browser), Thunderbird (the equivalent of Outlook Express) and Sunbird (calendar). And millions of great extensions! I have ones called IE View that lets me just right click and choose "open this page in IE" in the menu...for the random page that doesn't work in Mozilla.

The funny thing is...that when I'm coding (which I'm new at) the pages ALWAYS work in Mozilla (I use Dreamweaver, which allows me to test in all browsers) but IE it looks awful. When I screw around with the code to make it look right in IE, it looks bad in Mozilla. I think many web designers have given up trying to make it look right in IE since the bug is with it, not the other browsers.

It is interesting that you bring up this point b/c I have a friend who is taking some classes about web coding and she bumped into this same problem as well!! At first, I thought it was just b/c she was new to it all, but then I have heard other people like you say the same thing.

I think IE has that problem b/c it is owned by Microsoft - they always try to be different as well as difficult. Why can't everything just be uniform so we can be picky and choosy with what we want to use and still get the same results?!?!

Becky
12-11-2005, 02:43 PM
I bounce back and forth between IE and Firefox. Right now I'm using IE.

JaneAgain
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
I use Google Chrome, as my primary browser, but one of the CT forums I go to only works (for me anyways) with Firefox, and my store (the admin section where I go, not the selling part) only works in Safari. It's really a pain. I would really like to find a browser that works with everything I need to do.

SunshineTK
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I use Firefox - not as buggy or as much of a security risk as Internet Explorer. To me, it's worth the occasional page viewing problem! :)

marianneh
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Firefox al the way!!! love the plug ins, love the skins, and it's FAST! :) and thunderbird as my email client :D

hollyinjapan
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Firefox with skins. My choice too.

jacinda
04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
I've just changed to Google Chrome. Takes a little getting used to, but I like it. I was on Firefox before.

HeatherB
04-21-2010, 11:59 PM
I love Chrome. But today I had a problem with adding a comment to a blog and I specified my Google Profile, and it couldn't log me in. Now if I'm using a Google browser, and having problems logging in to a Google blogger profile, there is something wrong with that picture!

WendyPage
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
I use IE7----Firefox on my pc is WAY slow and crashes frequently---I didn't care for chrome or safari and quite honestly don't want that many browsers,LOL The only place I have to use FF is in my provider section :D

koalamama
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I use Google Chrome exclusively, and have not had any problems yet (I've been using it for probably 3 months now). I used to be IE only, I'm VERY resistant to change haha! I love Chrome though! :D

HeatherB
04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I think it is my machine. Something must be flaky. I have problems with Photoshop and larger files too. DH keeps asking me to clean up my files, so that he can do a re-install, but I never find the time. And first I need to clean up the files from my laptop which no longer has a functioning battery (has to stay plugged in) nor a functioning monitor (I have to boot with dual monitors and blindly switch from my laptop monitor as primary to my desktop monitor). Gee - looking at this, one could presume that I'm the kiss-of-death for these computers... :lol:

sinead
04-27-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm using IE8 because that's what Windows 7 automatically updated me to (GRR!). I was using IE7, which I liked better than IE8. IE8 is VERY slow loading. I should switch to something else, but I can't remember how to tell Firefox to ask me where I want my files downloaded, and the extra step ticks me off. ;)

nicoleseitler
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Good night... this is a blast from the past (2005). Who dug this up? :lol:

Charla
04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I think it was a spammer who got deleted but not before others jumped in :giggle: