PDA

View Full Version : text on a path

ScrapHappyME!
07-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Why will this not work for me? I am following the tutorial here, which seems so simple, yet I can't get it to work! I make curves using my pen tool, making sure the pen nib is in the little box. I start to type and see the text icon change. Right on track....... I see the first few letters of my word and then that's it.... I canNOT get the whole sentence to show! It's like once it hits a curve, the text dissappears. However, I know it's there because I can see my full sentence in the Layers Palette. But after I click on a new layer, the sentence still will not show on my LO. What am I doing wrong?

happyrobyn
07-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Just checking ... your text isn't hidden under a different layer is it? Or maybe the text is too large to fit the curve????

MandaBean
07-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Are you using PSCS2 or an older version? I tried this tutorial using PS7 and it would not work for me..had some similar problems regarding the text going "out of sight", but when I tried using CS2, it worked perfectly.

happyrobyn
07-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah ... CS is the first version that will do the text on a path.

ScrapHappyME!
07-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm using CS2 so that's not the issue.

I even tried to make the text super small - like 9pt. It still won't work. :(

This has to be so basic and I'm just missing something really easy I bet!

ScrapHappyME!
08-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Ok I know one of you ladies can help me. Right? Right? Pretty please. :)

MarshaZepeda
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Sometimes I have that problem, too. Be careful "where" on the curve you're clicking... click where you want it to start. Also, make sure your justification is set to the left. I'm thinking that there HAS to be a place to set your preferences -- I'm still trying to find it, lol! ;) BUT, in the meantime, I'm finding that you just have to be careful and not just click anywhere on the path. I've noticed on the circular ones, if I click on the left, it will start on the right... ??? Let me know if you need anymore help. I'm going to research it a little bit more and then probably make a tutorial on it... :)

windowshopmom
08-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I know I'm WAY late on this bandwagon....but I usually do TEXT ON A PATH in Illustrator rather than PS....it's REALLY easy there....the tool is right in the TEXT toolbox.

Just my 2 cents.....

paula_duncan
08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
If you do the text on a path in Illustrator I wonder if I can do it in Corel Draw. I will have to go check that out. I don't know if I can even save a file in CD that can be used in PS. I have PS7 so I can't do the tutorial either. I just have been using the arch option for curved text.

MarshaZepeda
08-30-2005, 11:30 AM
If you do the text on a path in Illustrator I wonder if I can do it in Corel Draw. I will have to go check that out. I don't know if I can even save a file in CD that can be used in PS. I have PS7 so I can't do the tutorial either. I just have been using the arch option for curved text.
You can. The only thing is, once you imort it into ps, it looks all wonky... (lol!)

windowshopmom
08-30-2005, 11:39 AM
LOL.....WONKY???? (grin) is that the Technical term??? :)

MarshaZepeda
08-30-2005, 12:10 PM
LOL.....WONKY???? (grin) is that the Technical term??? :)
lol - i know... sounds crazy but I saw someone else use that term before and it cracked me up! I've been wanting to use it ever since, lol! :teeth_smi

sand_gal
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Yep it is a technical term I use it all the time, it describes lots of things perfectly.

Jane
08-31-2005, 06:50 AM
LOL ....I am cracking up! Wonky? I love it!
This means when my boys don't hit the potty straight it is called "Willy Wonky?" Ha ha!

MarshaZepeda
08-31-2005, 09:41 AM
LOL ....I am cracking up! Wonky? I love it!
This means when my boys don't hit the potty straight it is called "Willy Wonky?" Ha ha!
Or "Wonky Willy" lol!

paula_duncan
09-01-2005, 02:09 AM
You can. The only thing is, once you imort it into ps, it looks all wonky... (lol!)
You guys are cracking me up with the willy wonky joking...rotflmao. Bummer...I haven't had time to try but wonky doesn't sound good. Maybe I will get my dh to help me try it this weekend. He knows corel draw in and out...maybe there is special trick...lol. Wouldn't hurt....lol.