PDA

View Full Version : Who's decorating today???

Rynonut Mom
11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I started yesterday. Have a lot done and a lot more to go! Tree's up but nakie still...

jpysgrl
11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Got the lights up outside. And my tree is up also but only has the garland and lights on it. We were to busy playing outside with such nice weather.

rh_scrapbooker
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, we are only putting up a tree and it's up! It's a little 3 foot pre-lit tree from Target, because all of our christmas stuff (8 foot tree and all decorations) is in storage. Next year, I get to decorate again.

Rachel

Laura_A
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
I usually wait 'til the 1st weekend in Dec. It's a good thing we spent the day shopping today or Riley would have convinced me to do it today. LOL

RachelS
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
we started yesterday and are almost finished today! isaac did most of the tree decorating, and DH got some really cute photos! i love how my house looks all decorated for Christmas!!!!!

d2vasquez
11-26-2006, 09:26 PM
OH man we usually are done by now but got the lazy and didn't.....so it's on next weekend's agenda.....

ccouch
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
my mom just left this morning & i've been neglecting housework while she's been here. i've GOT to get some cleaning done before I break out the christmas decorations. definitely on the agenda for this coming week!

camille's little fiber-optic tree has been up since last week. she just couldn't stand it any longer and i caved :) funny - i don't like fiber optic stuff and i'm a white light kind of gal, but....my little girl has a 2ft. fiber optic tree that changes rainbow colors. i love how making her happy edges out my personal preferences!!

jennamelia
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
We're just starting now!!! but the kids have to clean the playroom first. ROFLMAO!!!!

scrappinmichele
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
We did ours on Saturday night and got it all done. We decided to make some changes this year. We usually put the tree in the Living Room where no one ever is so this year we put it in the Family Room where we always are and I LOVE IT!!! It's so homey and I don't know why we didn't always do it that way. Oh well...live and learn!! :D

Sara Ellis
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I wish....

I love this festive time of year.......but it's a bit weird living in the desert with it being so warm...we had a record warm November.......(I've spent most of my life in the midwest)

and....my hubby doesn't believe in putting up any decorations until a week before Christmas AT THE EARLIEST....I can't wait until our boys are big enough to bug him to put up lights and stuff earlier (he's lived in Phoenix his entire life...minus a couple years in CA)

Deena
11-27-2006, 11:00 AM
i have almost all my outside lights up...i still have the net lights to put on the bushes but that wont take long :)...

Inside has some stuff up, but we are getting a real tree, and want to do it when all the kids are here, so itll be 2 weeks before we get it :P

scrappinmichele
11-27-2006, 11:59 AM
We still have the outside lights to do. we never got to that this weekend. Yesterday was our 12th Anniversary and we tried to NOT to house stuff yesterday and just relax and take it easy so we sat around all day and watched christmas movies. We didn't have a babysitter so we vegged with the kids instead. LOL!

PixelStix
11-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Anyone want to come finish my cleaning so I can start decorating? I've been trying- and hoped that this weekend we would have time, but we spent the majority of it with DH's family... oye!

~Shawna~
11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
We did manage to get our tree up Sunday & get the lights on it. I only brought in a few of the totes of decorations so far, but my girls did put up what I had inside. Of course they are all at the front, bottom of the tree LOL! Guess I'm gonna have to do some redistributing later on after I bring in the rest! Now I just need to get a new tree topper cause our angel one broke, get some wrapping paper to start wrapping gifts & get my dh to put up some outdoor stuff & we'll be good! Plus I need to figure out a way to hang our stockings up, we don't have a fireplace so I haven't really hung them up the last few years.

ajoyfulheart
11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm hoping to get my tree up one day this week :) We have oodles of lights for the outside of the house, but each year, my hubby never feels up to climbing up on the ladder and attaching them (I don't blame him :P) I usually end up running lights down the driveway, and round the mailbox...it's better than nothing! ;)

scrappinmichele
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
We have that same look....bottom and front is decorated. My dh did manage to get some to the top, but I think the back is pretty bare. Oh well...who sees the back fo the tree anyhow. LOL! :D

jpysgrl
11-29-2006, 09:24 AM
yay! We finally got the tree decorated. This is the first year that Zoie, the 3 year old, could really help. All the ornaments are at the bottom... I was going to move them, but I left them right where she hung them.
We also went to the mall to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas. This year she was all about seeing him. Last year she wouldn't even get within 50 ft of him. She was doing so well, all excited, stood right next to him, then he reached out and she ran screaming... She told me as we were leaving that maybe next time she'll try again, so he will know what she wants. I suggested we write a letter.

RachelS
11-29-2006, 09:34 AM
lol valerie! that story is super sweet! sounds like a letter is a good idea! isaac (3) has suggested that maybe he could email santa.