PDA

View Full Version : Dream Laptop

holly
08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Okay, so, I'm getting so close to purchasing a laptop, it had me thinking of my ultimate dream laptop. What's yours? I want to drool with you!

ditzyscrap
08-02-2005, 11:08 AM
I have mine completely picked out at Dell...lol. My computer is still pretty much brand new, so I didn't need to add that much to the laptop that I don't have on my computer...but a couple things I did add are a DVD Burner (I just have a DVD player/CD burner on my computer) and a USB memory key.

Not that it matters...my DH just nixed the idea of me getting a laptop. I thought for SURE he'd let me get it, too.

NancyS
08-02-2005, 01:33 PM
We got a laptop just a couple of months ago and I like it a lot, however we didn't get it for digi-scrapping.

The top priority was for it to be able to play DVD's and to have at least a CD burner. Two of our desktops have DVD burners, so we didn't need that part.

We got an Acer Travelmate, and the only thing I would change would have been a slightly bigger hard drive. We were able to upgrade the amount of RAM, so that was good.

My ultimate/dream laptop would probably cost 3 times what we paid for the one we got.

holly
08-02-2005, 01:37 PM
oh, you all make me drool! i suppose I should really evaluate my needs huh? LOL

NancyS
08-02-2005, 01:53 PM
oh I was going to mention that we also got an Epson projector with the laptop. We wanted to be able to play a DVD to a roomful of people by using the laptop - either for events or as a portable classroom. By events, I mean playing a DVD video/slideshow for a retirement party or a special birthday such as the one I recently did for my mom's 80th birthday. It is also nice to take along when we travel.

As for actual "work" I still prefer a desktop, but your wants/needs might be different.

What I like about the one we got:

3 USB ports
DVD abilities
fairly large screen
thin - not like some of the more bulky laptops
can plug in external speakers
wireless abilities

I would guess that most of these features are standard on a lot of laptops.

Heather
08-02-2005, 01:54 PM
So what kind are you getting Holly? I don't have one, but I want to drool with you! .....maybe someday?

holly
08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
well, currently i have a dell xps desktop system...scream'in computer! it rawks...and i've been looking at those for laptops too...my ultimate dream!

windowshopmom
08-02-2005, 03:12 PM
When you order yours if you'd like to just pick up two I'd be VERY grateful!!! (grin)

Ms. Scrappy Pants
09-18-2005, 11:39 AM
I know this is an older thread, but I'm drooling over laptops in the sunday paper each week... here's what I'm looking at....

mobile technology (maybe??)
100GB hardrive
1024 MB RAM
DVD burner

Those are my minimum requirements. Oh man.... some day.... some day.....