PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alberta, Canada

squirrely
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone! This is the first time I have introduced myself in a scrapping forum. While I have been digi scrapping for over a year I have not been particularly active in any one scrapping community. Health limits the amout of time I can spend at my computer and having a dial-up connection doesn't help either. Toured the site this morning and am excited by the heritage challenge and so am hoping I have found my "scrapping home". My scrapping so far has mostly been heritage layouts but I really need help with journaling - my layouts have virtually none. Also, I would describe my particular style as "stiff" and I'd really like to learn to "loosen up" a bit.
What I like about digi scrapping is the process and challenges of putting a layout together. I've never considered myself artistic but scrapping allows me to "create". Really wish I could design (kits, etc.) but have limited imagination and am not nearly skilled enough. Really enjoy restoring old photos - I like the idea of "spending time" with the people in the photos. Three of my grandparents had died before I was born and working with their photos provides a unique connection.
Digi scrapping has taught me more about my programs and inspires me to learn more. I primarily use PSE 2 but have PSCS and hope to someday find it less intimidating.
I have no children so when I'm not doing heritage layouts I'm featuring my critters - 1 dog, 5 cats, numerous squirrels (my passion and the reason for my user name), and other wildlife. I don't have a digital camera, just my trusty 26 year old SLR.
Must go now but will be posting a photo for the heritage challenge later. And I must get back for a better look at the photos already posted - they look awesome!

Vania16
08-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome! I'm glad you're making yourself at home here :) Can't wait to see some of your critters and some heritage LO's too - I always feel like I should do more of those!

Ms. Scrappy Pants
08-02-2005, 01:13 PM
SQUIRRELS?!?! How do you catch a squirrel to be your pet?? Hmmmm... I'm interested now!! WOW!! Welcome to digi chick!! Hang out here and you'll be as loose as a goose!! You'll love it here... can't wait to see some of your creations!! Post in the gallery and ask lots of questions... people are extremely helpful and friendly!! It's a wonderfully friendly and inviting community!!

andreavictoria
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome! I am so glad that you decided to say hello. This is one awesome place and I know that you will definately find what you are looking for here! Can't wait to see your work, I'm sure it's fabulous!

three-cowboys
08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
So glad you decided to hang out here! I too want to know how one gets a squirrel as a pet. I can tell you that my kids would really love that! Our backyard ones are NOT interested in us whatsoever! LOL!

Can't wait to see your stuff.

UnDecided
08-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Welcome!!

I hear you on the journaling part -- you'd think that since I'm a journalist it would come easy to me, but it doesn't. I worry too much about making it perfect, and it always sounds way too cheesy to me. But anyhow, don't worry-- you're definitely not alone!

squirrely
08-03-2005, 02:10 AM
Thank you all for the welcome! I uploaded a couple of my squirrel layouts for those that are interested:

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1088/cat/500/ppuser/903

and even managed to do a little write-up for each to make up for my journaling deficiency! I will warn you to be careful about asking about my squirrels because I have been known to go on and on and on and on about them!!!!

ditzyscrap
08-03-2005, 02:18 AM
HELLO...from a fellow Albertan! :D Where abouts in AB are you? And I hear ya on the dialup thing...I had high speed until we moved to a really tiny town without ADSL access. Bummer!

Anyway...look forward to getting to know ya!

Valgal
08-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Welcome to TDC!

Jheri
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Hello you fellow Canuck!! I'm in Ontario, east of Toronto.

You'll love this place. The gals here are REALLY REALLY nice.......

c_lyle
08-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Boy there are more Canadians joining the fun around here lately! Glad you found a home here at TDC! Welcome!

paula_duncan
08-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Glad you could join us. I'm a Canadian chick too and love it here in BC. I have seen your LO in the gallery and believe me you are creative enough to create. Get on it girl.

Crsttt
08-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Glad you decided to make The Digi Chick Your "home", we are happy to have you!

I saw your layouts of the squirrels yesterday and am even more impressed by them knowing the age of the camera you used. You are an amazing photographer and can't wait to see more of your photos and layouts too!

MarshaZepeda
08-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Yay! Another heritage scrapper! I love those! (Wish I could do em but I have a major lack of heritage photos... :( ) Glad you're here! :D

happyrobyn
08-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I feel like we're old friends already! But I haven't formally said welcome! So "WELCOME!" We're going to have a ball with our heritage stuff. And like you, I was never active in a digi scrapping community ... until now. The Digi Chick is definitely my home! There are so many Canadians on board here. I am a Texan but all 4 of my kiddies were born in Nova Scotia. So, I'm a Texan mother of Canuck kids! I look forward to getting to know you better.