The DigiChick

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! jasbeanie's Avatar

How would One begin spreading the Digi Word out?

hi there :girl_hand

I'm from singapore and the scrapbooking community is growing .... its still small but growing... that's paper scrapbooking i mean. We have about 2-3 main LSS in the country and 2 online stores....

i personally run a community online to bring together scrapbookers from the country...

question is.... many of them are traditional paper scrappers... im trying to introduce digital scrapbooking coz i think its WAY COOL but finding it a little daunting! i've added one or two tutorials to help newbies along but many people seem to be sticking to paper scrapping still

anyone has some idea on how I can spread the word arnd and make people see the beauty of digiyal? does one go abt organizing digi crop sessions? then there is the whole issue of laptops and stuff...

how did you hear about digital scrapbooking anyways?
    My Blog - Bewitched Bothered & Bewildered
    jasbeanie designs @ jasbeanie.com

Chatty Super Star Users Awaiting Email Confirmation MarshaZepeda's Avatar
    I found it one day while doing an internet search for DVD slideshows. It was Nov 2004 and I wanted to make a slideshow for ppl for Christmas. I found SBB and got hooked! lol! I had always wanted to try scrapbooking but refrained b/c of the cost/mess.... so once I found digi, I've become an addict, lol!

As far as spreading the word, what if you asked your LSS if you could put on a digi-scrap class and/or presentation?

I would point your friends in the directions of cool digi scrappin websites, like this one! :wink_smil
    I got hooked on digi scrapping when I saw cool digi layouts in on line galleries.

Kim

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Valgal's Avatar
    Yup... I was hooked once I found an online community (this is a good one, hint hint). Once they see all the awesome things they could be doing they might be a little more interested.

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Laura_A's Avatar
    I think one of the main things is to remind people that digi doesn't HAVE to replace paper. You can do both... I do. I love the hands on of traditional scrapping and always will but digi is just as fun and has lots of benefits you don't get with paper... like no mess!

thanks for all the good comments..... will try them out...
    wld really love to see the digi community grow over here...

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks!

hi Jas!

you could be like me and start up conversations with people standing in line who are buying paper scrapping supplies. then give them a website address or two to check out . . . make little business cards with your avitar and web address to keep in your purse and once you've had a good conversation, be like "oh, if you want to read more about it, just go here." heh

jen

i get jen's first post muhahahhaaa....

great idea ... we are launching our local eMag thru the website in Dec though.. woopdedoo.. cant wait.. i hope the asian scrapbooking community continues to grow grow grow..

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! CraftTeaLady's Avatar
    Putting a plug in your siggy line on emails or on your siggy line on other sites (where allowed) is a good way.

I think that digi is great, even if the person is a paper scrapper... there are so many incredible elements for scrappin' that they can print out at home and use. Might just get people interested that way too.
    (aka Gina)

The Tea House

Jas, another way is to send out emails to your friends or members in the forum... Attached in it some nice LOs and state the advantages of digital scrapbooking... then ask them to spread the word...
    This is what most websites does..