The DigiChick

Super Chick Hanging with the Chicks! dawnb's Avatar

Well, this is just silly....

I just posted my 1000th post, and I just realized that I've never introduced myself in the forum. How silly is that!?!? So here goes...

My name is Dawn. I live in Idaho with my high school sweetheart-turned-hubby (this year we'll celebrate our 17th year together. wow.) and our two, almost three boys. I am currently a stay at home mom. This year we will be trying out homeschooling for our oldest, starting kindergarten. We did homeschool for preschool, but that doesn't count... I suppose kindergarten doesn't either. LOL! It's a trial run to see if we can/want to keep going with it after K.

Before kids, I was a software tester - my last job was testing and Xbox video game pre-Xbox launch. That was a great send off into motherhood!

I've been scrapping for 7 years or so, and discovered digital scrapping 2 years ago. I've been hooked ever since. I am currently on Ruby Q Hammer's template team at http://rubysthoughtsonthat.blogspot.com. I use Adobe Elements 4.0, but started out with Microsoft Picture It!.

You can find me most active here at thedigichick in the Healthy Chicks section, working on being a healthy chickie, mind, body, and household. I also frequent digitalfreebies.com for their awesome challenges and kits.

That about does it! See you around!

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar
    LOL Dawn, better late than never, right? Glad you finally didi it (and typing that, I realise I never introduced myself! LOL)

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Laura_A's Avatar
    HeeHee, hi Dawn!

Great to see an official intro, Dawn!
    Rachael Giallongo **
    Blogging at RachaelGiallongo.com

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Very funny, Dawn! Better late than never, though, right??

Nice to know a little more about you

TDC's Resident Mama Hanging with the Chicks! Nonnie917's Avatar
    Hi Dawn. I'd say "welcome," but you are already at home so I'll just say, "Hi Ya!" I started out with MSPictureIt too. DD got me switched over to PSE3, but I guess at some point I am going to have to upgrade. UGHHHHHH! I hate learning new programs. Especially when I don't know all there is to know about the one I am currently using. OH WELL!

Nonnie to Riley, Regan & Elise
    Grandma Chris to Jared, Brian and Elijah

Bird is the word dude! Hanging with the Chicks! KimberlyGiarrusso's Avatar
    HAA! I do that too, get knee deep in a forum and realize I never intro'd. Great to read about you though, my lil' bro used to test for interplay. He LOVED IT!!

Great to get to meet you, again, and YAYAAYYYY 30 weeks. Your almost there girl!!!
    Kimberly Giarrusso

I create for Ready-Set-Create! Magazine

I thought better late than never! I don't usually introduce myselft right away, because I never know how involved I'm going to get, and don't want to take the time How stupid is that?!? I *must* be an introvert, alright!

Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! mzkellyb's Avatar
    Man Dawn, my hubby would be envious of you! He LOVES his Xbox! lol

Nice to meet ya! I don't blame you for not posting an intro right away, I've done the same thing on occassion.
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! tamra's Avatar
    Hello Dawn! Glad you've introduced yourself after all

Hi Dawn, fun learning more about you.

I'm trying to homeschool my 5yo son. Pulled him out of kindy in Feb and have done zero since then. Just ordered curriculum from Winterpromise so hope to start that over the summer . . .

**Creating for Lisa Whitney, Jacque Larsen, and Sweet Shoppe Designs**

Hey Mimi, I was wondering why you took him out of K? Just if you feel like sharing...