The DigiChick

Cleaning advice please...

Oh, I need your help!

A little background...
    When we moved into our other house, we bought their fridge, so my beloved fridge w/bottom freezer was relegated to the garage and became DH's (*gasp*) beer fridge. He was brewing his own at the time, and it was easier (and cleaner) to keep that stuff outside. At one point he mentioned (after the fact, of course) that one of his brews blew up when he carbonated it, but he cleaned it up, or so he said. I just stuck my head in the sand and chose not to think about it.

Fast forward to now...
    My beloved fridge w/bottom freezer is in the new house now and I nearly died (and killed him!) when I opened it for the first time. There was icky spilt beer remnants all over the inside of the fridge and some gross black mold/mildew (not sure which) around the seal and in between the cracks of the seal. ICK! I cleaned the heck out of it and have gotten the ickiness out, but there's still a little staining from the black funk. How would you get rid of it? Would a Clorox Bleach pen do the trick?

Let's just say that DH will not have a beer fridge in this house! LOL I should have known better than to trust "but don't worry, I cleaned it up!"

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    I would use bleach!

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar
    Ditto to Yvette! And I totally support you on the "no more beer fridge" part!! LOL

I'd definitely try the bleach pen, hopefully that will do the trick! We have an extra fridge in our garage too, & honestly I couldn't tell you what is in there right now. I know there's no beer in it (well maybe 1 or 2 really old ones!) but I'm pretty sure there's probably some nasty moldy leftovers or something equally gross out there! I'm too afraid to go look LOL!
    ~Shawna
    My Blog

Creating for:
    Amanda Heimann :: Melissa Bennett :: Kim Wresh

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Rynonut Mom's Avatar
    Bleach should work - or maybe you could get one of those sprays that's for mold in the bathroom???

Queen of chaos Hanging with the Chicks! Nathalie's Avatar
    I would try lemon juice or vinegar first and what about the good old baking soda paste?
    Nathalie - eNKay Design

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! ~ashleigh's Avatar
    I don't have a clue about your fridge, but after you kill your dh, definitely use bleach :4: :4:
    ~ashleigh
    ~*my gallery*~

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! RachelS's Avatar
    i would totally try the bleach pen
    ~Rachel Solenberg
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ~ashleigh View Post
    I don't have a clue about your fridge, but after you kill your dh, definitely use bleach :4: :4:
    LMAO Ashleigh!!

I'll try bleach this weekend (after scrapping, of course!). Thanks!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Oh no!!! My cousin brews beer, too. He & I brewed a batch of cider once (I love cider!!) and the mess was nasty! I can't imagine what that would look like fast forward several months. Yuck!
    And I think you should charge him for your cleaning services! :o)

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! PixelStix's Avatar
    I've found that the Clorox spray cleaner works WONDERS on most stains that I have, like on the highchair tray or the counter or floor. I just spray it all over and leave it on and it goes away without even scrubbing- so if it's larger areas, I'd try the spray.

Good luck- gotta love these men!
    Lisa

I guess I'd try bleach and a toothbrush and hand it to dh while you scrap.