spin off: fav place to DL actions

well besides atomic cupcake.
    ~~Andie~~

Holy cow!!! ATN is soooo awesome! Now I have to figure out how to use them!!!
    Kathi
    Proudly Creating For:
    Christy Lyle ~ Julie Billingsley
    Jennifer Fox ~ Nikki Epperson

Quote Originally Posted by derricksmom
    Holy cow!!! ATN is soooo awesome! Now I have to figure out how to use them!!!
    SUPER easy! What I do is make a folder on my hard drive just for downloaded actions (well, here is how it is: ADOBE stuff > (and then subcategorized into inner folders) ACTIONS, STYLES, BRUSHES... you get the picture?) and then when I want to use one, I open the actions pallette, go to LOAD new (a small lil circle with a black arrow in the upper right corner) and then choose from there. :thumbs_up hth!

Marsha - are you using PSE 3.0? I am and I don't see an "Actions" pallette. I tried loading them into my effects folder but they still aren't showing up. (I saved them in their own folder just like you did.) Thanks for your help!
    Kathi
    Proudly Creating For:

I just did some research and your effects is like actions. You have to look for effects or actions for PSE though. PSCS or 7 actions won't work for you. Another great place to look is the Adobe Studio Exchange. There are thousands of actions, brushes, styles.....whatever you might be looking for.
    Last edited by paula_duncan; 09-09-2005 at 02:59 AM.
    ~ Paula Duncan ~

~MY BLOG~
    ~MY GALLERY~

Thank you Paula! That's what I thought. I downloaded the ones I unzipped into the Effects folder of Adobe and restarted Adobe and they still didn't work. Looks like they aren't compatable... Guess I'll keep looking!
    Kathi
    Proudly Creating For:

Another question... so I went to ATN and downloaded a few last night. Tried to follow the directions for atomiccupcake to install them (AC's actions loaded just fine with the instructions) but the ones from the ATN site still aren't there. Does this mean they are not compatible with 3.0? How would I tell since there doesn't seem to be any specs on the ATN website? The files are atn. files. Am I still doing something wrong?
    Kathi
    Proudly Creating For:

Hmmmmm..... I just looked at the site and it doesn't specify... I did see a couple that said a seperate file was within the zip for Elements users. If you have q's, email the maker of the action. I've done this a few times and I always get warm, quick responses! :teeth_smi

I'm with Marsha, ATNcentral is my favorite too!! But I'm a PSCS user so I'm afraid I can't help with the PSE questions. Good luck though ... they will SO be worth any extra work it takes you to get them working!! Happy playing!!
    Andrea
    Sippin' on a Starbucks Iced Tea
    * Lil' Andrea by Sweet Mindy

This is a great resource! Thanks for sharing.
    Tania aka lunafaerie