The DigiChick

wingy sting-y things

There is some sort of wasp or hornet inside my house. I am scared of it. I don't know where it is. I'm just waiting for someone to get stung.

Maybe I better go research how to treat wasp/hornet stings.

**Creating for Lisa Whitney, Jacque Larsen, and Sweet Shoppe Designs**

One Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! crazygirl's Avatar
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    I heard onion works
    ROFL
    LOL!
    But I
    haven't
    actually
    ever
    tried it.
    GOOD luck. I'm terrified of stiny-wingy thingys.... LOL!

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! busyizzie's Avatar
    Get a shoe or fly swatter, have the kids hold the door or window open. I think it would rather be outside and safe than inside with you freaking out. I say smash it to smithereens with your shoe!
    Laura

visit my blog...my busy life

We find by losing. We hold fast by letting go.
    We become something new by ceasing to be something old.
    Frederic Buechner

We'll always remember
    Together, Forward Together
    Proud Huskie Mom
    Proud Huskie Alum

Quote Originally Posted by busyizzie View Post
    Get a shoe or fly swatter, have the kids hold the door or window open. I think it would rather be outside and safe than inside with you freaking out. I say smash it to smithereens with your shoe!
    oh if I only had that kind of hand-eye coordination.

my DH can grab a fly with his hand and then slam it on the ground to kill it. I don't think he'd try that with a stinger though.

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Ouch, no, I don't think I'd try that either.
    I agree; try to open a window or door and see if he leaves on his own.
    If you have activated charcoal on hand (I know; likely not) that's supposed to work for stings too (haven't had to try it yet).

In the meantime, if it was me, I'd be closing him in whatever room I could close him into, call DH and make him come home to kill it. I'm so brave

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    Do you have any foaming type of window cleaner? That works great, once you spray them, they can't fly anymore, makes clean up easier too HAHAHA

hmm, I haven't seen it in awhile. DH was home for a bit. Maybe he killed it.

Digi Chick STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! Deena's Avatar
    Oh that always freaks me out, I am ok with bugs, unless they can harm one of my children, then they must go!!!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Valgal's Avatar
    I'm forever telling my kids to chill out when it comes to bugs... but I have a hard time keeping my cool when it comes to stingers. I used to tell them, "They won't hurt you if you don't hurt them", but then our little neighbor girl got stung 2x in one day while doing nothing. 2 different bees flew up to her and stung her, just a few hours apart. Now they are all traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
    I'm forever telling my kids to chill out when it comes to bugs... but I have a hard time keeping my cool when it comes to stingers. I used to tell them, "They won't hurt you if you don't hurt them", but then our little neighbor girl got stung 2x in one day while doing nothing. 2 different bees flew up to her and stung her, just a few hours apart. Now they are all traumatized.
    no way! now I'm traumatized too. I tell my kids the same about they won't bother you if you don't bother.

Joyful Heart Designs Hanging with the Chicks! ajoyfulheart's Avatar
    Let me just recommend that if anyone sees a yellow jacket, RUN AWAY!!! Speaking of them stinging even when you haven't done anything...ugh!!

I have these sweet stray kitties that I feed in my back yard, and one morning there were oodles of what looked to be baby yellow jackets swarming around the food area. JUST as I was asking my hubby if he thought they would sting me (and he said, no, I think you would be fine) one of those little buggers flew across the deck and stung the HECK out of my hand, for NO reason at all!!! That thing hurt for a few HOURS...eek!!! I steer clear of them now.

I think they are the most vicious though...wasps, I have never been stung and have had them LAND on me...yellow jackets must have PMS ALL of the time, or something...LOL
    ☮.▪▪.:♥♥:.:**:.▪:JENN:▪.:**:.:♥♥:.▪▪.☮
    My blogaroo...my personal site - ajoyfulheart.com...my newsletter

Yeah, I'd go for the kill if you can. My DS has been stung by a wasp several times. They had a problem wtih them in the playground at daycare and he was stung in the face one day. He told me it wasn't too bad just hurt for a minute the trooper! I think they put ice on it for him. As long as no one is allergic you shouldn't worry too much if anyone gets stung if it's a Wasp but a yellow yactet or a white faced hornet is a different story, MOVE! JK, but don't mess with them.
    Pam