The Things That Kids Do/Say...

Saturday, mil and dh went to look at video cards. they took 3 year old Evan with them. Evan potty trained himself about a year ago, and has been pretty good about asking to go potty when he has to go. usually, when he has an accident (rarely), it's because we're not near a bathroom or can't stop what we're doing so that he can go.

saturday night, when dh and evan get home, evan walks in the door wet. i said something like 'oh no, you had an accident! but that's ok, i'll just get you some clean clothes and you'll be fine.' i'm not accusing him, and he's not in trouble. it was an accident, and i'm pretty sure that he didn't do it on purpose.

but he starts waving his arms up and down, emphasizing his words: 'Yeah! cause gramma doesn't let me go potty when we go shopping!'

now, i know that my mil loves to shop, but i'm pretty sure that she's never told any of my kids (or anyone else, for that matter) that potty breaks are off limits while shopping. makes me wonder what stories he's told his grandparents about dh and i...

so: what have your kids done or said lately that made you laugh?
    ~*~tracey~*~

lol Tracey!

Today Maggie was telling me about her day at school and she told me that her best buddy was on red today (in trouble) and Maggie said, "She would not stop talking during lunch and I was not so very impressed with her" in her little 3 yr old voice. Kid cracks me up!

and then she proceeded to sing a version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" filled with her own words ("Bring your baby and have a bat" instead of "Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks")!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

OH man..... too CUTE!!!
    jenna just started saying....

"Oh my GOSH, Becky!"
    ROFL
    in the silliest voice....
    The kids taught her that from that song... (for we know of NO Becky's, which makes it all the more funny-er)
    "I like big Butts...ROFL!" by sir mix-a-lot ( I didn't know that, I had to ask J)
    ex: "Oh my GOSH, Becky, look at her Butt! It's SO BIG.... ROFL!!!"

Luckily.... they haven't taught her THAT part of the song... LOL!

The other night, we went to Panda Express for dinner and while waiting in line, my 4 yr old started sneezing.... He then proceeded to ask me...

"Mom, do you know why I'm BLESS-YOU-ING?"

It was soooooooooo cute! It took me a couple minutes to figure out what he was saying.... hee hee! I love the innocence of childhood!

These are TOO funny

Camille has become very keenly aware of the whole boy vs. girl thing. She doesn't want to really play with boys or do anything that she deems as boyish. (Although she sure doesn't mind catching lizards, but that's another story. Diego and Wiggles are no longer allowed because they're boy shows.)

Anyway, today she told me (in reference to her two little girlfriends' younger brothers, "Mommy, Logan & Sean are bad guys. They don't listen to what their parents say. That makes them bad."

And again in reference to these little guys when we were headed over for a group playdate...."Mommy, the girls are going to play in Kenzie's room. But the boys can't. They have to play in Logan's room. If the boys come in, Mrs. B can borrow a lock from us." Bless her, she's just got it all worked out

Well, my son is 14 and I call his dad "my sexy lazy bones!" LOL So, DS always tells me that I'm a sex crazy psycho lady! LOL

These are hilarious!

Jasmine has started replying "ummmm, let's see" when I ask her what she wants.
    After dinner, we come into the living room and she says, "Frasier? Leap?" (Quantum Leap). She knows those are the two shows we've been watching (on DVD)

And this morning she gave Jenny, her prized Bitty Baby, to Bekah to play with. I melted

I couldn't think of anything but then at dinner Bean informed me that his friend at school choked him while they were waiting in line. (That's another story) Anyway, I told him that if I saw Timmy do that I would tell him "No, no!" Bean said "If I see Timmy choke me again I will punch him in the nuggets!" Trying not to laugh, I asked what "nuggets" are. He said "those things you eat!" So I guess his solution to this is to punch Timmy while he is eating chicken.

I did ask where he heard that...apparently he heard that from Uncle Todd. Good one Uncle Todd. Really appreciate that!

Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
    ROFL Sarah!

My new favorite happened a few weeks ago - DS and DH were playing in the backyard and DS asked his Dad to pick up the dog poop, DH was doing something, so he said yes, he would in a few minutes, a few minutes later, DS comes out with "This dog poop is making me crazy!" Dh laughed so hard, apparently "making me crazy" is something I say to often LOL

ROFL Sarah that is priceless!!

And Yvette, that is so funny!! I was gonna ask if you say that a lot since he picked it up!! LOL

I thought of one, again, my DS is involved! LOL To set this up, we are Mormon and my in-laws are very "letter of the law" Mormon. They were born and raised in the church, have Mormon pioneer ancestors and all that. They are even distantly related to Joseph Smith. So needless to say, I learned early to mind my P's and Q's when I am around them. (I am Mormon too, but was baptised when I was 11 and I wasn't raised in Utah).

So, I never cuss at all. If something really irritates me, I say "What the fudge is that on the ground?" So, my DH always says, "If mom's using the f word, she's pretty mad." LOL

So, we go to my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary luncheon in 2003. DS is 10. Everyone is socializing and visiting during the luncheon and it comes to one of those moments when it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop and he stands up and yells "Everyone, when my mom is mad, she uses the F word a lot!" He even stressed the words A LOT! LOL Everyone just turned and looked at me like I was INSANE!

They didn't know that the F word in question here was actually FUDGE and not the other one that rhymes with yuck! LOL

lol Paula! That's too funny (and so embarrassing!)
    These are great!

One more thing here: if Jasmine sees two parallel lines (like marks on her leg from the seams on her shorts), she thinks they look like pinstripes, and pinstripes equals Yankees! So anything with two lines is automatically the Yankees! (also any picture of a baseball, bat, or cap!)

LOL That's cute Charlene!! I like the Yankees too, but my cousin plays for the Astros and I grew up in the Houston area, so I usually root for the Stros. LOL