So spill the beans!

What are your favorite techniques/types of elements?

And what do you hate using/doing, or are just plain afraid of?

I love using frames lately, though I used to be so scared of them. Not sure why though I love color blocking, especially because I tried it once when I paper scrapped and couldn't get it right. It's so much easier on the computer!
    I love using wrapped ribbon. My favorite thing right now!

I avoid swirls. I love how they look on other people's layouts, but am afraid of using them myself. And I don't like to recolor things, because I'm not comfortable using those tools.

Your turn!! :jumping0047:
    Last edited by Charla; 10-24-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
    I love frames too! I love how the wrapped ribbons look, but I have a really hard time using them, it takes me forever to do a layout with them.

The thing that I don't like doing the most is uploading my LO's. It takes me forever to do the credits. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing them at all! I have put off posting my LO's as soon as they are done because I know it will take me forever to get it uploaded.
    Stacey

I'm right there with ya, Stacey! I was always nervous I'd forget something in the credits when I started, and now it takes so long to trace everything! And since I rarely have typing fingers free, I just put it off as long as I can. I posted two today and have at least one more completed, just needing the credits and to get posted!!

LOL Stacey, me too! And since I want to add the link to the products I used, it takes a looooooong time for me to do it!

Besides it, I realized I'm into bright colors a lot recently, even pink! Me, pink??? LOL

Right now, I'm totally into Chere's stitching (especially from the Wicked and Tristan's Treasures kits). I'm also loving lots of paper elements. Jacque's goodies are on tons of my LOs lately - and who could blame me?! Her stuff ROCKS!

I recolor things like crazy. I do it on so many LOs. ctrl + u, baby!!

I love frames, flowers, swirls, ribbons and alphas.

I would LOVE to load my pages full of goodness, but I just can't!! I think too linear.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappinmama View Post
    I would LOVE to load my pages full of goodness, but I just can't!! I think too linear.
    I do too - the minute I try to throw some stuff on there and just leave it alone, I get irritated with it and must move it or delete it! lol

I love using frames, paper tears, alphas & blending at the moment.
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

Quote Originally Posted by TaterTot View Post
    I do too - the minute I try to throw some stuff on there and just leave it alone, I get irritated with it and must move it or delete it! lol

I love using frames, paper tears, alphas & blending at the moment.

I thought I was alone on this, lol! I adore the look of element clusters but can never make it look right myself!

I'm loving frame clusters and paper tears/folds as well. Alpha's scare me a bit too, no idea why.
    ~*Col*~
    My Blog
    Proudly creating for:

LO Goal for 2008: 85/150

LOL what fun questions - here are my answers:

I love elements and find it hard to not "overuse" them per se or use too many......it's like an addiction with me and with the sales from the weekend - I have TONS more to play with. I don't have a favorite technique unless you can consider the "how do I not make THIS layout look like the others I have created" a technique!!!:jumping0047:

I find it hard to do blended pages and hate how mine turn out when I try - it's on my "to do" list on how to perfect it and not a huge expert on extractions and making them look well good! Not really afraid of anything except time constraints that don't always allow me to scrap as often as I would like!
    ~ Darla ~

♥ Also Creating for ♥ SSD

I love frames and glitter.
    I too all have a hard time remebering the credits to my layouts. I used to remember them very well put now I just draw a blank and some of the layouts I do so I don't upload them.

frames.. and swirlies.. my layouts are starting to look a wee redundant.

I'm afraid of ribbons, but I've been trying to use them more lately. There are so many cute lil bunches of ribbons that I need to get over it :rofl:

The blog
    QT Avatar Girl by Me

Looks arenít everything. Itís whatís inside you that really matters. A biology teacher told me that
    My favorite things right now is frames and wordart.

What I have a hard time doing is just make a page I love and don't worry about the (lack of views and) comments. I think it's stupid but if only 4 people view my LO I can't help but feeling a bit down and start getting insecure about my layout. I really should stop worrying about this I know

My favorites: ribbons, flourishes, frames (seems like mine don't look done to me anymore without them), digital "paint", alphas, photo actions...

I'm intimidated by extractions (Oh my gosh, mine always look SO bad!). I've also been SO lax about uploading my layouts, lately. I haven't had a lot of time to scrap, and when I do, the least I could do is get 'em uploaded! :p
    Angelina

Once a chick, always a chick!

MY BLOG
    www.angelhousephotography.blogspot.com

Jomi, I am right there with you! I always feel like I didn't do as well on a layout as I had thought, if I don't get any/many comments. It's silly, but it's definitely an insecurity I have!

I love making my pages look layered -- things behind other things, or peeking out from somewhere - and shadows on just about everything!! (I wish they didn't take so long to do)

I hate that i don't make journaling my priority! I am sooo visual that I get to then end of a page and want to add journaling and there is no room left ( now I try to at least put the name & date somewhere).

I love doing blended photos - I even had to stop myself from doing it on every single page! I have been doing a lot of extractions lately with parts popping out of the frames and such. I find extractions to be really easy with most pictures - the magnetic lasso tool is my friend! My last few layouts have been just element crazy - I love that look. I force myself to do the journalling, just because my mother loves it, and I know I will to someday.

I don't enjoy doing the credits - but I certainly want to give proper credit to these fab designers. I am not good at doing pages with white space. I love how everyone elses pages look, but mine always seem to look unfinished.

Oh dear, I love everything and I want to try everything - I started digiscrapping in November 2004 and I have been hopelessly addicted ever since. I really really love using brushes though and creating my own.

I hate the Organiser in PSE, its always freezing on me - I really must buy ACDSee