Thread: Eeeek!

Eeeek!

Okay so yesterday afternoon, I headed into the backyard to do some tidying up and to put new sand in Camille's sandbox. I had cloroxed it and turned it upside down so that water wouldn't collect in it.

Well, I flipped that baby over yesterday, and although no water had collected inside it, something else had collected beneath it......about 6 snakes!! Egad! They were all small (like less than 12 inches long) and were most likely garden snakes. The only good snake to me, however, is a dead one. So, DH and I went medeival on them and hacked them all into little pieces. Um, can you tell I was freaked out?!?!

We went ahead and shifted around each of the other things in our backyard (i.e. plastic jungle) - the playhouse, the slide/ climber, and the picnic table. Under one of those we found another snake in hiding. Yep, he's dead too.

ick, ick, ick.....Just thought I'd share!!

uuuuuggghhhh - just reading that gave me the willies - yuck, yuck, yuck - I'd have run into the house screaming like a school girl!!!

Ewwww! Gross! I don't like snakes at all.
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

ewwww! I would have run away screaming!! :scared0016:

Hey at least they keep away the four legged icky critters! lol I'm with you, though...no snakes in my backyard, please!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

eek! i'd have done the same thing! lol
    Ct for:

Always

ugh - I do the same when I find snakes, they totally freak me out! My boys though are constantly begging me to get a pet snake...I am like "NO FREAKIN WAY!"
    Thanks!!

Julie Johnson
    Chick Designer

I don't mind snakes, but with that many I would of hacked them up too. But I would have to do it myself. Todd would be the one running in the house screaming like a little girl. I would of kept just one to mess with him though. Chase him around with it. Put it under the covers or something. muahaha!!

I would of done the same thing. ds would of wanted to hold it. My nephew has a pet snake and he wants to see it every time we go over there.

That would creep me out! Guess it's could out and they decided to huddle. Hmmmm..wonder if it was one of those tangled mating things lol.
    *~*karen*~*

~~~> Click HERE for a good time <~~~

oh my gosh and to think if you didn't check the box....eeeekkkkk!
    ~ Darla ~

♥ Also Creating for ♥ SSD

yikes! I'd be running for the hills. I don't think I could even get close enough to them to kill; I'd be trying to find some sort of snake killing spray (is there such a thing?).

**Creating for Lisa Whitney, Jacque Larsen, and Sweet Shoppe Designs**

Ewwww!

You know the weird thing is that I really don't mind pet snakes. My roommate in college had a ball python and it really didn't creep me out or anything - - just the whole live snakes huddled around my daughter's toys was a prob - LOL!

LOL MIMI at the snake-killing spray~ hee hee!!
    My mom did mention that there's some kind of stuff at Home Depot that you can buy. Snake-Rid or something. It's a chemical or powder that you place around the perimeter of your yard and snakes are deterred by it and will not cross that barrier. Sounds great, but I'm thinking....What if I trap those little suckers in??!?!

Glad you were able to kill them all Christine! Ick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Johnson View Post
    My boys though are constantly begging me to get a pet snake...I am like "NO FREAKIN WAY!"
    When I was in high school my brother brought home a little pet snake after visiting our grandparents in Arkansas, he had it in a freakin' shoe box & guess what happened?? Yeah it got loose in our house and it took us quite some time to find it (like a few weeks). And guess where we finally found that darn thing? In my room in the basement!! I picked it up thinking it was a piece of string, realized what it was, threw it back down & ran screaming & yelling for Rob to come kill it lol! It was already pretty much dead but still! So needless to say I am NOT a fan of snakes, pet or otherwise!!
    ~Shawna
    My Blog

Creating for:
    Amanda Heimann :: Melissa Bennett :: Kim Wresh

YIKES!! I would have been running for the hills! LOL

ewwwwww yucky!!! 1 would not bother me, well maybe freak me out finding it like that... but 6 is way to many!!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

Oh my, how digusting. I think I would just run away