The DigiChick

Getting a bit depressed...

So i went to the doc today, and it wasn't really good news. My MRI did not show a rupture of a tendon, but it did show LOTS of inflammation in some tendons (I cannot recall the names of them). Apparently I am quite lucky because with these injuries, usually the doctor does not see the person till they have ruptured, which is not good. The doc has decided to go with the conservative treatment of continuing with the boot, I am to keep it immobilized as much as possible, medication for the inflammation, ice, and LOTS of rest. In three weeks I go back, at which time she expects things to be better, and I will be ordered to Physical Therapy.

I am stuck on the couch for another three weeks Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to stare at my messy house?? Dh has been working overtime, so things are just a mess. It's just getting old quick. I really hope this works, I am really afraid surgery could be in my future, and with DH leaving in a few months, that would be horrid timing!!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Big hugs, girl!! I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you. I know the clutter & mess drives me insane when I can't physically do all that I would like to do. Just try and keep it in perspective, though. This isn't going to last forever. You'll be up and around in no time, likely longing for some couch time!

Hanging with the Chicks! melrio's Avatar
    Please don't get depressed....wishing you a quick recovery and good news when you return to the doctor. Hang in there, sweetie!
    **~melanie~**

Sorry to hear that you are stuck for 3 more weeks! Hopefully though this will help and maybe you won't need the surgery after some physical therapy.
    Hugs!
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

How awful! I'm glad there's nothing ruptured, though...prevention is far better than surgery (which would mean even more couch time) but I know how awful it is to look around and see all the things that need to be done, that you can't!!

Hanging with the Chicks! jpysgrl's Avatar
    Hope everything heals up quickly.

man I wish I could come clean for you - because i totally understand having to look at the mess - stay off your feet, though, so you will get better soon!

hugs...hugs...hugs....hugs

Hanging with the Chicks! goofy4dj's Avatar
    I'm sorry you are having such a tough time Deena. I hope the next few weeks seem to fly by for you and that you may begin pt then.
    Jennifer Cox

My blog My gallery