The DigiChick

Thread: AA for Lurkers

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks! cjoy2day's Avatar

AA for Lurkers

Does anyone ever feel like they are stuck lurking? I love this Forum but I often find myself lurking not knowing where to get started or what to read first. It's a little overwhelming. I'm actually a Site Admin for a mommy forum so you'd think I'd be use to this :-). I got a nice note from the staff saying "hey we miss you, come on back" Its nice to be reminded. I hope to jump in soon.
    ..)) -::-
    . .))
    ((. . -::- Jaime -::-

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    I'm glad you're getting ready to jump in! It really can be overwhelming to figure out where to jump in, though. I know I feel that way when I come back from being gone for a few days
    I lurked for quite awhile before i felt comfortable jumping in, but that was a looooong time ago now so I don't remember exactly what I did. If you like challenges, that might be a good way to start getting more active; I think the challenge that brought me to this site is what got me to start posting too

so glad you got our note.....and glad you came out of lurking status!
    ~ Darla ~

♥ Also Creating for ♥ SSD

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Hey Jaime! Glad you're joining us!! My family is all in the NC/GA mountains, but we're in Texas. I'm SO jealous!! You'll have to let me know where in NC you live. Maybe you're close-by?

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks! cjoy2day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccouch View Post
    Hey Jaime! Glad you're joining us!! My family is all in the NC/GA mountains, but we're in Texas. I'm SO jealous!! You'll have to let me know where in NC you live. Maybe you're close-by?
    I'm in the foothills below Blowing Rock/Boone area. I'm a Ga Peach transplant though. Moved here from North Atlanta (Woodstock). I love it here w/ the beauty but I sure do miss home.
    ..)) -::-
    . .))
    ((. . -::- Jaime -::-

Digi Chick STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! Deena's Avatar
    I feel overwhelmed at times too... and I am no lurker LOL
    I finally got to a point that I realize I cannot be in every part of the board, so I do what I can!

PS... A girl from my mommy board when I had my son Tristan was from Woodstock, I met up with her several years ago No idea where or what she is doing now though LOL That was 8 years ago!!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

Hi Jamie! I'm a GA (and NC, for that matter!) transplant, too.

I find that it's easiest to just get started talking...once you recognize a few names/faces, it's much less daunting. I'm glad you're out of lurkdom!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! mzkellyb's Avatar
    Hi Jamie! It's easy to get overwhelmed. I would just start posting away, or participate in the challenges. It's probably the easiest way to start getting involved. Glad you are going to come out of lurking mode!
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

Bird is the word dude! Hanging with the Chicks! KimberlyGiarrusso's Avatar
    Hi Jamie!! Welcome back and I am so glad you got our note.
    Kimberly Giarrusso

I create for Ready-Set-Create! Magazine

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjoy2day View Post
    I'm in the foothills below Blowing Rock/Boone area. I'm a Ga Peach transplant though. Moved here from North Atlanta (Woodstock). I love it here w/ the beauty but I sure do miss home.
    I know what you mean....atleast "home" isn't too far away Texas is super-far from home for me, and I'm really missing it right now w/ this new baby coming soon!

My family that's up in the mts is around Hiawassee, GA/ Murphy, NC. I've heard the Boone area is gorgeous