The DigiChick

Thread: AA for Lurkers

Hanging with the Chicks! cjoy2day's Avatar

AA for Lurkers

Does anyone ever feel like they are stuck lurking? I love this Forum but I often find myself lurking not knowing where to get started or what to read first. It's a little overwhelming. I'm actually a Site Admin for a mommy forum so you'd think I'd be use to this :-). I got a nice note from the staff saying "hey we miss you, come on back" Its nice to be reminded. I hope to jump in soon.
    ..)) -::-
    . .))
    ((. . -::- Jaime -::-

I'm glad you're getting ready to jump in! It really can be overwhelming to figure out where to jump in, though. I know I feel that way when I come back from being gone for a few days
    I lurked for quite awhile before i felt comfortable jumping in, but that was a looooong time ago now so I don't remember exactly what I did. If you like challenges, that might be a good way to start getting more active; I think the challenge that brought me to this site is what got me to start posting too

so glad you got our note.....and glad you came out of lurking status!
    ~ Darla ~

♥ Also Creating for ♥ SSD

Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Hey Jaime! Glad you're joining us!! My family is all in the NC/GA mountains, but we're in Texas. I'm SO jealous!! You'll have to let me know where in NC you live. Maybe you're close-by?

Hanging with the Chicks! cjoy2day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccouch View Post
    Hey Jaime! Glad you're joining us!! My family is all in the NC/GA mountains, but we're in Texas. I'm SO jealous!! You'll have to let me know where in NC you live. Maybe you're close-by?
    I'm in the foothills below Blowing Rock/Boone area. I'm a Ga Peach transplant though. Moved here from North Atlanta (Woodstock). I love it here w/ the beauty but I sure do miss home.
    ..)) -::-
    . .))
    ((. . -::- Jaime -::-

I feel overwhelmed at times too... and I am no lurker LOL
    I finally got to a point that I realize I cannot be in every part of the board, so I do what I can!

PS... A girl from my mommy board when I had my son Tristan was from Woodstock, I met up with her several years ago No idea where or what she is doing now though LOL That was 8 years ago!!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

Hi Jamie! I'm a GA (and NC, for that matter!) transplant, too.

I find that it's easiest to just get started talking...once you recognize a few names/faces, it's much less daunting. I'm glad you're out of lurkdom!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Hi Jamie! It's easy to get overwhelmed. I would just start posting away, or participate in the challenges. It's probably the easiest way to start getting involved. Glad you are going to come out of lurking mode!
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

Hanging with the Chicks! KimberlyGiarrusso's Avatar
    Hi Jamie!! Welcome back and I am so glad you got our note.
    Kimberly Giarrusso

I create for Ready-Set-Create! Magazine

Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjoy2day View Post
    I'm in the foothills below Blowing Rock/Boone area. I'm a Ga Peach transplant though. Moved here from North Atlanta (Woodstock). I love it here w/ the beauty but I sure do miss home.
    I know what you mean....atleast "home" isn't too far away Texas is super-far from home for me, and I'm really missing it right now w/ this new baby coming soon!

My family that's up in the mts is around Hiawassee, GA/ Murphy, NC. I've heard the Boone area is gorgeous