How much American History do you know?

I know we have many internationals, but I'm curious how well people do on this test.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/

I got an 80%. Missed two because I read the question wrong, guessed wrong, and just plain didn't know one

How about everyone else?

Happy Independence Day to all the Americans

Since I'm not an American citizen (though I've lived here for the majority of my life), I was pleased with an 85%. I made some stupid mistakes, though...I know better.

I got the year that the Constitution was written wrong and also the first words of the Constitution (I mixed them up with the first words of the Declaration of Independence). And DUH i know how long Senators are elected for (2 stuck in my head because there are senatorial elections every 2 yrs).

That was a good one! Thanks, Charlene!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Sinead, I did not realize you were not a US citizen!!

I got a 70% LOL I knew I would do poorly, The ones I missed, were very poor guesses, I've been outta school too many years!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

Sinead, I didn't know that! I knew you were born in Ireland but just assumed you were a citizen! That's so cool

Deena, that's how I feel too! Not exactly stuff we talk about on a daily routine!

Wow! I got 90%! (I'm totally surprised, b/c history is not one of my favorite subjects, and I haven't studied US history since I was a junior in high school.)

Did anyone else notice the typo in one of the answers: The Statute of Liberty? LMBO!

My mom was born in England, but became a citizen a few years ago. I remember when she was studying for her test--I couldn't answer some of the questions (not off the top of my head, anyway). I thought it was funny that they expected people wanting to become citizens to know some odd facts about American history, but that they didn't expect them to speak English well.

BTW, Sinead--how do you pronounce your name?
    SuzyQ

My Blog

I got a 95% which was mostly because I didn't read all of the choices for one question. History was one of my majors in college, so I should have gotten a 100%! LOL
    Laura

Creating for:
    Oscraps Admin/Cheery-O, Vicki Stegall, Karah Fredricks and Jodie McNally at O
    Glam Fairy Designs, Edeline Designs and Pickleberry Pop

Probably what I thought I'd get but should've done better than 70%. This year is my 25th high school reunion so I'll use that as my excuse. LOL
    **~melanie~**

Quote Originally Posted by suzyqscraps View Post
    Did anyone else notice the typo in one of the answers: The Statute of Liberty? LMBO!
    Not a typo...it was the question asking what we call the first 10 amendments and a statute is an enactment by law or a legal document, so Statute of Liberty wouldn't necessarily be too far out there as a guess. (Did I mention that I'm a nerdy English teacher? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    Sinead, I did not realize you were not a US citizen!!
    Yep. We've lived here for 33 years. I can get dual citizenship with Ireland, but in order to do that I have to first renounce my Irish citizenship and I just can't get my head around that.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyqscraps View Post
    BTW, Sinead--how do you pronounce your name?
    Totally not how it looks. SHIN-aid. Boy, I get some looks when I say my name. (Remember, i live in Alabama! hehehe)
    Last edited by sinead; 07-04-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Dual citizenship would mean renouncing your Irish citizenship?? But then holding onto it?? That's crazy!

I know my grandma had to renounce her American citizenship when she became Canadian, but then something changed and she was able to get her American one back; so now she's got two passports I really don't understand all this stuff! :scared0016:

Very cool about the Statute of Liberty!

I'm not revealing my pathetic % on the basis that someone from the FEDS may come and find me and kick me out of the country!

~ Michelle in STL ~
    dd: Maya (age 3)

95% here. Fun quiz!

Also creating for Kelleigh Ratzlaff

hehe I just had to do this even though I'm an Aussie and guess what?! I did really badly LOL! A huge 15% was achieved by Kaye! Oh the shame!
    * Kaye *

My Blog

:rofl: Kaye! Don't worry; I'm not sure i could get even 3 right on an Australian test!

WOOT!
    100% - but this happens to be a passion of mine This year, we're about to jump into American History for school..and I can't wait!!
    ~Darcy~
    *GET YOUR CUSTOM HANDWRITING FONT HERE* | My Gallery l My Blog

also creating for:
    Heather Rosselli

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneV View Post
    Dual citizenship would mean renouncing your Irish citizenship?? But then holding onto it?? That's crazy!

I know my grandma had to renounce her American citizenship when she became Canadian, but then something changed and she was able to get her American one back; so now she's got two passports I really don't understand all this stuff! :scared0016:

Very cool about the Statute of Liberty!
    American law states that you can have dual citizenship, but before you become an American citizen you must renounce citizenship in any other country. You can then reapply for citizenship in the countries that allow that. Since I was born in Ireland, I'll always be a citizen there, so I'd just have to reapply or something. It's the principle, though. I love America and will most likely live here for the rest of my life, but I just can't get my head around renouncing Ireland. Odd, probably, but that's me! lol

Sinead -
    I totally get that...DH and I are Brits at heart sometimes...and while we'd love to live in England for the rest of our lives, and hold dual citzenship, we could never renounce our American citizenship...so I get what you mean, totally.
    ~Darcy~
    *GET YOUR CUSTOM HANDWRITING FONT HERE* | My Gallery l My Blog

also creating for:
    Heather Rosselli

Woo hoo! I got a 100%. But, history was always my best subject! LOL

LMAO I wont even say, I should be ashamed!