The DigiChick

anybody work from home?

Does anyone work from home and what do you do? we are going through some transitions job wise at the moment and I would love to find something that I can do from home so that I can stay home with my little ones and not pay for childcare. I see all these advertisements for Work from Home stuff, but don't know if they are legit or how exactly to get into them. I am not much of a sales person and so would prefer not being a consultant for a company that does parties...any ideas for me?
    Thanks in advance!
    Becky

My Blog
    Creating for Gina Miller, Dianne Rigdon, Eva Kipler, Pink Ellie Designs, and Lauren Reid

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    Um, yes. I work from home. But seriously, besides creating digital kits, there are a lot of things that a graphic designer can do from home, especially if they know some HTML too--web design, templates, blog banners, etc. All it takes is a blog and some friends! And then there is Etsy, too. If you're handy at making things, that's an awesome place to sell your wares!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

Little Miss Template Maker Hanging with the Chicks! kelleighr's Avatar
    Well, I guess you could say that I work from home. I don't actually "work" for the company, but I do get a check from a company that I have referred new customers to. Sort of like a finders fee. I haven't put much time into it, but I know that a lot of people make MUCH more than me. I basically get my personal care items and cleaning products for free (since the check they send me pays for that). The best thing is that I know that my house does not have any toxic or harmful chemicals in it. I have a lot of friends who are looking for safer products, so when they become customers like me, the company pays me for that referral.

Like I said, I don't get big bucks, but at least that is one line I can cross off my budget! If you want more info, you can always PM me!
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

I work from home as an online writing tutor for SMARTHINKING.com. They sell writing lab-type services predominantly to smaller colleges and universities (and online universities) who want to offer those services without having to devote the resources on campus. Before having kids I taught high school English and then college-level developmental writing, so it's pretty much right up my alley.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks! nikkiana's Avatar
    I work from home. I'm a web developer, and I work mostly with the Drupal content management system. A lot of the companies that work with that stuff are "virtual companies" with no centralized office.
    nikkiana
    knit.geek.life