The DigiChick

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar

So... titles. What are your tips and tricks?

Titles can be so hard, can't they? What do you do to come up with a title for your latest layout?

Me: I'm a big fan of one word to sum it all up. But sometimes that doesn't always work for me. I'd love to hear what you do for a little inspiration.
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

Chatty Chickster Hanging with the Chicks!
    I love using song lyrics and titles (and many times, twisting them to suit my purposes)

Kim

Super Chick Hanging with the Chicks! dst212 (Daniela)'s Avatar
    I'm a big fan of fonts and alphas, so I love doing titles. Though I have to admit that the titles not always come easy to me. I favor funny titles, pulled from songs, movies, books, also with a little twist.

And I always translate my titles (originally in Portuguese) to put in the galleries. Another point to consider!
    Creating for:

Bella Scraps & Loja ScrapBlog
    Guest for Fruit Loop Sally, After Five Designs, Kate Hadfield and Joana Carvalho
    Always up for a good guest spot!

Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! mzkellyb's Avatar
    I have such a hard time with titles. The last layout I did I didn't even add a title, just a small font with name and date. It's probably the biggest struggle I have when doing a layout.
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! TraceyLee's Avatar
    ugh- i struggle with titles.

i tend to go with what is going on in the picture or why i took the picture. 'picking flowers', 'first day of school', 'five generations'. boring- but at least they work.

i've done songs, quotes, and even no titles.

ya know, i love the alphas and fonts and making the title, i just hate thinking them up, lol!
    ~*~tracey~*~

I really struggle with titles too. So many layouts are just sweet pictures of the girls, and it gets old writing "cutie-pie" or "beautiful girl" for 10 different layouts!

I should really do the lyrics/song title idea more often, since I love music

oh - titles are the worst for me! i can never think of a cute one - and then if i do, i can't figure out how to make it look good if it has several words! some people are SOOOOO good at that! maybe i need to do some literal scraplifts of titles until i get the hang of it? i don't know - for now - i stick to one word titles as much as possible - it's boring !! or - if it's two words (or more) it's usually one alpha - or a cute alpha as the main word and alpha beads (my saving grace!) spelling out the other words LOL ...
    dana
    creating for:
    the lilypad / sweet shoppe designs / one little bird / sahlin studio

Hmmm, I smell a challenge

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    See, I'm not a big music fan, so songs won't work for me.

Charla, next time you have one of those "sweet smile" photos to scrap, try this:

Look hard at the photo. What's the story? What's it trying to say? What else do you want to remember from it in 20-30 years? I bet that would help!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

I struggle with titles too!!! I am usually a big fan of just making sure I have a cute font to put names and dates and a little journaling. Sometimes, I have moments of breakthrough, but I agree that it is hard!!!
    Becky

My Blog
    Creating for Gina Miller, Dianne Rigdon, Eva Kipler, Pink Ellie Designs, and Lauren Reid

Chatty Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! crystalbella77's Avatar
    I really use one title a lot of the time too. Unless I find the perfect piece of Word Art. lol! I'm lazy! :p
    Crystal

Scrapping Goddess Hanging with the Chicks! gonewiththewind's Avatar
    I am inspired by lyrics, book titles, magazine articles and poetry!

A lot of times I will pull one word out of my journaling to serve as my title.

Creative Team Chick Hanging with the Chicks! 1girl1boy's Avatar
    i hope i don't jinx myself but titles usually come pretty easy to me. if i get stuck i like to browse galleries and usually wind up playing off something i see there.
    {leslie}
    after 5 designs, tlp, jacque larsen, kaye winiecki, karah fredricks, tracie stroud, lauren reid and smj