The DigiChick

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Hybrid Present Idea Thread

I had an idea! What if everyone came and posted a picture here of an awesome hybrid (or otherwise crafty) project they've seen that would make an excellent gift for the holidays? We all could get a jump start on the December rush and be really inspired, too!

So, let's see how big we can get this thread, shall we? Happy hunting!

Here's my submission! Big flower pins with an awesome vintage-y feel (courtesy of the talented Tara Anderson):

And this one (even though it's on a present, I still think it'd make an awesome pin!):

I'd suspect you'd need a trip to the LSS to find some big Heidi Swapp and Prima flowers. Or maybe the floral department (where you could rip your own). And then some centerpieces, a hot glue gun and a pin back. Easy! And beautiful...
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

This is what I really love. I hope to be able to get a few done before the holidays. I was thinking of asking the kids to find out what their teachers favorite colors where. I don't know. I figured they looked rather easy. Here are the two I liked the most. They are both from Sweet Shoppe Design for their Off The Page Challenge.

Great idea...I could use some inspiration!!!!!

Profoundly Happy to create for:

LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS, DSD by Athena Gray
    Faith True, Jac Bernardo, Litabells Designs, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson
    Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD
    Guesting for: The Daily Scrapper

Awesome Idea Nicole!!! I am going to scour the web and see what I can come up with!!! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

Hmm... I wonder if my MIL could use one of those clipboards at work... Or my momma for that matter... Hmm...

LOVE the idea!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

oh I love clipboards...want to do one!

I am going to make placemats soon I will post pictures when I get them done. I am going to laminate them and have some ribbon touches to them.
    I love creating for:

Hanging with the Chicks! KimberlyGiarrusso's Avatar
    Here is one I LOVE!!!!

Kimberly Giarrusso

I create for Ready-Set-Create! Magazine

Here is a message board I did last night that would make a cute gift. I will eventually add cork to one of the white squares for a tack board.
    Kimberly Giarrusso

Canvases!!!! Lol! Super Easy to make!

Here is one I did last year...and really it is as easy as pie!

Great Keyholder!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyGiarrusso View Post
    Here is one I LOVE!!!!

Mmm . . . so love this. What site did you get it off of? I wanted a real close-up look!

Ditto what Cheryl asked. All the ideas are AMAZING. I love this thread!

I have two that I love. One is Jen Tapler's onesies (um, have you seen not only the onesies but the way she packages them? ADORABLE) and the other is a really cool way to use a drink holder!

Drink Holder idea as a "gift bag" of sorts:

Kimberly Giarrusso

You know it might have been Jenni Bowlin though.

Oh jeez let me look some more.
    Kimberly Giarrusso

Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    I like this project idea using a photo cube. Sorry....it's a pdf link & I couldn't figure out how to easily post the picture

www.archiversonline.com/ideas/1466.pdf

Hanging with the Chicks! jjstar's Avatar
    I love the banner you posted Kim! So cute.

I'm planning to make a few of these for my son's friends (really it is more for the momma's enjoyment but the kiddos like them last year)

I'm also going to make something like this for the fall and adjust it for Christmas. (This photo is from the one I did at Easter). Basically hung some things from the dining room light.

For some of the grandparents I'm planning to make multiple inserts for the starbucks tumblers. I'll periodically send updates throughout the year. I did calendars for them last year and mailed them an updated picture every month (that was too much for me to remember and my son didn't change that much that it got outdated)

Nicole...thanks for starting this thread. I'm excited to get ahead for the holiday season!
    Jill Jarvis...check out my blog

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

The closest to hybrid I've gotten is making the cd calendars. lol Oh, and I did a badge album with quickpages. I have a notebook here that I really want to alter...but I'm so scared of messing it up! I also have 3 containers from the water flavor that I cut a hole in the top of for banks for the kiddos. All I've done so far is take the label off & cut the hole in the plastic lid. Maybe I'll work on one of those tomorrow, if I mess up I have a couple more in the cupboard.
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

Quote Originally Posted by MikkelPaige View Post
    Ditto what Cheryl asked. All the ideas are AMAZING. I love this thread!

I have two that I love. One is Jen Tapler's onesies (um, have you seen not only the onesies but the way she packages them? ADORABLE) and the other is a really cool way to use a drink holder!

Awww, thanks Mikkel!!! :-) Those drink holders are so darn cute!!! Now if I could just find a Sonic!!!

I think Holiday onesies would be super cute when the holiday kits start rolling out....hint hint hint to my 2 fave designers!!! (that's you Nicole and Mikkel!!!) :-) I'm waiting for that - already have lots of plans for more onesies!! I think packaging them in baby bottles would be cute too. I wanted to do matching bibs, but couldn't find any plain white bibs that weren't terry cloth. Oooh! You could also use the iron-on transfer sheets to make stockings!

Little hybrid gift albums are my "go-to" gift for family. And I'll be doing more of these frames for friends....\
    Jen
    Check out my Blog!

Jen, there's a sonic here. Do you want me to pick something up?

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkelPaige View Post
    and the other is a really cool way to use a drink holder!

shietee that's COOL - I hadn't seen that one, but love it!

this thread is a great idea, maybe I'll actually get some stuff done early this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyGiarrusso View Post
    BLEEP you....man that's an awesome site, that I've never seen before

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast