The DigiChick

Little Chickie Hanging with the Chicks! Chef's Avatar

Forcing myself to make the switch - Day One

So...I have had a Wacom for many months and I never forced myself to make the switch. Tonight, I have done it. I am going to put away my mouse and learn this thing once and for all.

So far so good. I am using a piece of paper to smooth it out a bit. Also, I am keeping my brushes at about 80% hardness. Otherwise, it looks all jaggedy.

Any other tips out there?

Susan

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! UnDecided's Avatar
    Wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but instead I'm right there with you -- waiting to take the plunge! Let us know how it goes, and if you figure out any cool little tips/tricks!!
    Christie
    Let's see if I can keep this BLOG up...

*Icon courtesy of Coquettish*

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    So...I have had a Wacom for many months and I never forced myself to make the switch. Tonight, I have done it. I am going to put away my mouse and learn this thing once and for all.

So far so good. I am using a piece of paper to smooth it out a bit. Also, I am keeping my brushes at about 80% hardness. Otherwise, it looks all jaggedy.

Any other tips out there?

Susan
    i am no expert, but my advice is to zoom in when you draw. i do about 300% and it comes out much better. i have the small tablet, but i like that i can draw directly onto the computer. still having trouble figuring out how to draw in larger spaces (because the zooming minimizes the drawing space for my monitor).
    Meredith Fenwick

~avatar by sweet mindy~

No advice, but chucking your mouse is the way to go. When I dove in I never turned back!

Congrats!
    Kim Christensen, Happy wife to my best friend and mommy to 3 amazing children here and 1 in heaven, and digiscrapper and designer at SBB

Scrapping, designs, struggles, my blog

My Kit Previews Blog

Little Chickadee Hanging with the Chicks! juzzie's Avatar
    Good on you. I have just started fiddling with mine again... no tips as yet, but I am liking the results more than I did a long while back.
    Mummy to Katrina & Sabrina

Published Layouts = 5 and 1 on the way

Past CT for Designs for Krista, LaWanna Desjardin & Kathy Moore
    Guest CT for Trish Jones, Nancy Comelab and Rachael Giallongo

No real tips but I am using mine more and more......I zoom in on everything I do with it. I switch between the pen and the easer all the time.

Multi-Tasking Chick Hanging with the Chicks! andreavictoria's Avatar
    I've had mine for a few months now and it's all I use. My only advice would be to just practice practice practice! And the paper over the tablet really helps! Now I don't even touch my mouse anymore, I'm a newly converted tablet girl...LOL!

Mouse? What's a mouse?? I can barely function with one...mine's usually hidden in a drawer somewhere and only comes out when E comes over or Kurt tries to use the net...which isn't often. It's the hand/eye coordination thing, once you get it, it's all good