The DigiChick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Tools

Hybrid Tools

What sort of tools do you just love for your hybrid crafting?

I have a xyron which I'm to cheap to use :laught16: And more recently I purchased the Big Bite Cropodile. What else do I need/want?

A while back I was drooling over the WishBlade - does anybody have this?

What about a coil binder? Any recommendations?

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. YvetteSanders's Avatar
    I love the zutter bind it all - great tool, really easy to use, I use my quilting ruler and paper scorer (bone folder) more than anything else though!

Did you guys see my article in the DST Insider? It has all of the basics for the hybrid newbies.

After that, I would say definitely the Cropodile and then a ton of fun ribbon, flowers, buttons, bling, etc. Oh, and coasters from Red Robin. Hee, hee!

Oh, but you CAN'T live without a great printer and paper. You just can't.
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleseitler View Post
    ohhh - I forgot about these - I have them too!

I got myself a pair of Cutterbee scissors after reading your post about them, Nicole. They really are awesome...though you do still have to be able to cut. I'm the world's worst cutter I think!!! :rofl:

I can't live without my crop-a-dile and stamp inks... I just ink all the edges of everything I do! LOL

I love my bind-it-all. There are so many ideas of how to use it. They do have a new one out (pink instead of the old blue one). I'm not convenience that it does too much more to justify the increase in price. If you decide to get one, check out the first version too.

Have fun!
    Jill Jarvis...check out my blog

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Dani Alencar View Post
    I can't live without my crop-a-dile and stamp inks... I just ink all the edges of everything I do! LOL
    Ooo! Ink! Yes! I love to distress the edges of things with ink, too! And sometimes I'll use my fingernail to rough up the edges of my paper.

Charla, EK Success should start paying me commission! LOL! :laught16:
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

I'm going to Michael's tomorrow and I'm treating myself to some cutterbee scissors. I watched the video on the Zutter - it looks pretty neat to. I'll have to see what they have there for binders. I've actually got a use for one with a project I'm working on. I think that's a good enough excuse to pick one up - right?

LOVE the bind-it-all - I use it for my calendars every year. I should use it more (if I only had more time to play lol)

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleseitler View Post
    Ooo! Ink! Yes! I love to distress the edges of things with ink, too! And sometimes I'll use my fingernail to rough up the edges of my paper.
    I love to use fingernails too!

Hey girls... is it worthy to have a bind it all? I'm not sure what tool is that but I guess this is for binding right? It's so cheap to bind here at my city. LOL

I got the cutterbee scissors - LOVE those little things! I wonder if they have a larger size as well - so darn sharp. My mother in law is giving my DH some cash to get me the bind it all. I took the liberty of ordering it online - LOL I'll let you know how it works. I'm so dang excited

Hmm. I don't think that they make bigger scissors. But I'm thrilled to hear that you love them! Aren't they WONDERFUL?! Love that sharp tip. It's awesome for tight corners.
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

oooh, Santa put a pair of the CutterBee HoneyBee scissors in my stocking! Can't wait to play w/ those Thanks for the recommendations, ladies!

I got a Crop-A-Dile (is this the same one everyone was talking about?
    I had it in my head it would be smaller than this).
    But it's amazing!! Now I can't wait to make another hybrid book or something, anything, that needs holes punched in it (I'm waiting for you, Kelleigh :rofl

My crop-a-dile is alot smaller - - is this the Big Bite, maybe? It looks like it could punch a hole through anything - - oh, the possibilities!!

Yeah! This is the Big Bite! Wahoo! I just have the little, tiny Crop-o-dile. You are so lucky!!

I also got a REAL (well, probably not real, since I'm sure it is plastic) bone filer AND a pair of Cutterbees for Christmas!! My micro-tip scissors had been used and abused, so I am so excited to have new ones!!
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

Charla...you are going to love the big bite. The one thing I had to get used to when I switched from the little one to this one was that I couldn't hold it to punch. I've found that just leaving it on my desk and putting the paper, project, etc into the slot works better. The ruler guide is so helpful too when you're creating a project with centered holes. LOVE IT!

It seriously can punch through anything. I love to put holes in acrylic, it goes through like butter!
    Jill Jarvis...check out my blog

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Oh man jealous little me....lol!!! I am sitting here wishing DH will have a clue about the tools I need...he he. But at this moment I need organisational TOOLS most! ROFL! I have one table in my scraproom and everything is on it but when we have guests over I have to take everything off so we can sit at the big table...you dont want to see the state of that room!!! It looks horrendous! I have my eye on those wooden cubbies at Michaels that you stack and they are on sale now...hmmmm!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast