The DigiChick

Dude! Check out my title. Hanging with the Chicks! rh_scrapbooker's Avatar

Snowy cabin fever....slowly going insane!

I'm going insane. The snow and cold weather started on 12/13. It is now 12/21 (almost 12/22) and I've been out of the house *3* times, twice for 2 hours, and once for 5 hours.

MAKE THE SNOW STOP!

This is our forecast (zip code 97123):

TONIGHT: A wintry mix. Low 23F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 70%.

TOMORROW: Snow during the morning will give way to lingering snow showers during the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 70%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.

TOMORROW NIGHT: Intermittent snow showers, especially early. Cold. Low 19F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 40%.

The National Weather Service says: A COLD FRONT HAS PUSHED ACROSS THE REGION. STEADY SNOW HAS DECREASED... WITH SNOW SHOWERS FOR THE REMAINDER OF TONIGHT INTO MONDAY. NEW ACCUMULATIONS TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE LIKELY... WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES OVER THE HIGHER HILLS.

Oh booger... no fun that! we had the first fine day here again after nearly a week of constant rain!!!! though since we had been in a severe drought before that I am not complainin tooo much!
    Cheryl

Proudly scrapping for
    Lynne-Marie, creashens and Roadside Designs, Siamese Studio
    Proudly published in
    Up2Scrap and Somerset Digital Studio, Ready, Set, Create

This is our "once every 10 years" snow storm. The news channels are calling it "Arctic Blast 2008" === a storm lasts longer than a few seconds and it's got a name around here. *rolls eyes*

I live 200 feet above sea level. We're lucky to get ONE INCH and maybe one snow day. At my house, I have over a FOOT of snow, with at least a half inch to inch of ice on top.

And it's supposed to dump MORE snow (1-4 inches) on top of the ice?

Rachel

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! melrio's Avatar
    Warm, cozy thoughts coming your way. It's been a crazy year for weather!
    **~melanie~**

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Yuck!! I'm sorry it's so yucky there. It's definitely a bigger deal for you than for us (Buffalonians are supposed to used to this crummy weather), though we're getting hammered too.

Just remind yourself how much warmer it is inside than facing the elements and cold car!!

Chatty Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! annscraps's Avatar
    sorry you've got so much snow Maybe the temp where I live will make you feel better:

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! JCSimon's Avatar
    I'll trade ya! We just broke a 105 YEAR record for amount of snow in December! Over 50 inches so far this month. YUCKKKKKK! I HATE SNOW! (And, yes, I'm yelling.) It's 7 degrees here today, windchill -12......and we have another storm coming tomorrow.

I just keep reminding myself that this is the last winter I'll ever have to live through....moving to Hawai'i next summer and I can't *wait*!!!!
    Jamie

My Blog

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    We're at -14 F, -29 F with windchill, so I'll trade you! Then again, we're a little more used to the winter weather here in Canada!

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Ann, that's HORRIBLE!!!!! I'm freezing just thinking about temperatures that cold!!

And Jamie, what a horrible record to break! The thought of moving to Hawai'i definitely helps though

Yvette, we're at 12 F with a real-feel of -8, and I thought that was bad!! I'm in Western NY so we should be used to it, too.
    Nope, just used to complaining about it :rofl:

At our elevation, the Portland Metro area residents "go to the mountains" to get snow (it's within 90 minutes drive)....so it's not like we don't *see* snow....we just don't see it here.

And the state won't use salt (not eco-friendly), the cities and counties only hit the main roads when they sand/gravel, and us folks in neighborhoods are just left to melt our way out.

It's not that DH and I couldn't get out if necessary, we have 4WD and chains. It's that there's nowhere to go that would be open. The road cams show almost no one is on the road. They've closed down major roads/routes.

Rachel

Oh boogies... thank heavens we never get that much snow!!!! the worst we have ever had was like 3 inches that hung round for a week... which in itself is pretty dang amazing since we are at sea level and near the open ocean too!
    Cheryl

Proudly scrapping for
    Lynne-Marie, creashens and Roadside Designs, Siamese Studio
    Proudly published in
    Up2Scrap and Somerset Digital Studio, Ready, Set, Create

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    lol - We talked to a good friend of ours last night, he's in the Maritimes, they were expecting 8-12" of snow overnight! Looks like he'll spend his holidays shovelling!

Little Miss Template Maker Hanging with the Chicks! kelleighr's Avatar
    How did I miss this thread?

Oh, yeah. Oregon is getting hit hard. I wonder if my trees and bushes will survive. Right now many of my bushes are top heavy with their heads in the snow. Argh.

I just want to get OUT!! I'm dying!!
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick