The DigiChick

View Poll Results: Are the Jessica Sprague training classes worth the money?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 95.24%
  • no

1 4.76%
  • other (just because there's always an other)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the Jessica Sprague training courses worth it?

I think that says it all. Just wondering if, as a newbie, I should take a class. I keep opening PSE and just sitting there like a lost puppy...

Did you take one? Did you like it? Worth the money?
    Emily

I haven't taken one, but I can tell you that if they're anything like the PhotoShop Friday tutorials that she's posted, they must be amazing. I've learned SO much from her just from those tutorials, and I can only imagine that the classes would be even better.

There are some around here who have taken her classes, so I'm sure they'll speak up. If I had the time, though, I would certainly take one of her classes. I just haven't found the time yet.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together. Hanging with the Chicks! AquaRuby's Avatar
    I've taken a couple of her classes, some free and some paid for. They are totally worth it -- she explain everything in easy to understand terms and you see the end results, as well as the step by steps. I say GO FOR IT!!

My Blog: .:Scraps of Me:.

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? Hanging with the Chicks! skyezak's Avatar
    Before I took a JS class, I had just played around in PSE and basically gotten nowhere! After taking her Up and Running class, a whole new world opened up! Your learn so much more than just how to use PSE. You learn about the digi world as a whole, where to shop, where to hang out, etc...the network that it opened for me was amazing. But I did learn more about using PSE in a few weeks with Jessica than I had learnt in years of playing on my own. Her classes are very cheap compared to others out there and you get lots of goodies and pick up so much knowledge along the way. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her as being the best tutes you could pay for
    Creating for Gypsy Couture @ The Digichick

Little Miss Template Maker Hanging with the Chicks! kelleighr's Avatar
    Without a doubt, they are worth it!! I've taken Up and Running, Now We're Rockin', Digi: In Deep, the Shoebox class with Molly, the Journaling class with Liv and Jess, Candice's photography class, the free Stories in Hand, Scrapbook Alchemy Episode 1 (and am ready to do 2 & 3 ASAP!) . . . and there seems like more. Hmmm.

Anyway, I'm with Sharon. I learned SO MUCH from the very first lesson of Up and Running (and there were 4, I think) than I ever learned in 2 months trying to do it by myself. By the time I finished Up and Running, I could zoom through a layout from start to finish. AWESOME. Totally and completely worth it. And, really, they are very cheap compared to others!!

OH, and Jessica is just an email away! AWESOME support from Jessica and the gals over there!
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

I think I've taken every course that has been offered at her site and would pay for every one of them again!!! The instruction CAN NOT be beat and the resources (which you have access to FOREVER) are the best you will find. The video instruction along with the notecards you can download are the perfect way to learn your way around PSE. The forum over there is super helpful and Jessica wants to make sure you are happy with the instruction - Here is her guarantee:

"We want you to succeed in the classes you take here. We are dedicated to providing a learning destination that's fun, supportive, and informative, and gives you the opportunity to grow your skills. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any of our online classes, please contact support by clicking the "Contact Support" link under the Student Menu, and we will be happy to give you a full refund, or transfer your registration to a future class."

You absolutely can't go wrong by choosing to enroll in one of her courses. The only thing you will wish is that you had done it sooner
    *KARI*
    Stop by MY BLOG!

Just call me a Ditzy Chick Hanging with the Chicks! ShabbyShaz's Avatar
    Absolutely!!!!!!

I would have to say ditto to everything already said.

You learn so much more than just the class you are taking. The shortcuts are worth paying for!

She has just put up a couple of free classes - try them and see what you think. I was hooked from the first lesson of my first class. Now - many classes later I am even more hooked.
    Sharyn

In one word - definitely!
    - Eva
    My blog

Guest for June and July:

I, too, have to agree.
    I was a little hesitant at first, only because of the money issue. But after taking one class, I learned SO much!! I Really enjoyed how she taught it in such clear instructions, and I ABSOLUTELY love that they are in video tutorials - I learn better seeing in happen in front of my eyes!
    Totally worth it, and I will pay the money to take more classes in the future!

Thanks everyone for your replies!!!

AND Happy Mother's Day to me...DH told me that if that's what I wanted, I could take the Up & Running Course as my Mother's Day gift. He's not fooling anyone, I know he's just relieved that it gets him off the hook to pick out a gift...but I love it just the same!
    Emily

hehehe Emily!

I'm going to do one either this summer or this fall, depending on how this kiddo fits into our family. I figure it might get me motivated to scrap again!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Little Miss Template Maker Hanging with the Chicks! kelleighr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyeva View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies!!!

AND Happy Mother's Day to me...DH told me that if that's what I wanted, I could take the Up & Running Course as my Mother's Day gift. He's not fooling anyone, I know he's just relieved that it gets him off the hook to pick out a gift...but I love it just the same!

YAY! You know, I usually just send my hubby a link to what I want (along with "wait until this date to get free shipping!" advice). It always works out for me!! Hee, hee!
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

Queen of Unpacking Hanging with the Chicks! SunshineTK's Avatar
    I've taken the 3 digi scrapping courses (the series), Type + Writer, one of the Scrapbook Alchemy courses, and Photo Editing 1. I took the series after digi scrapping for well over a year, and I still learned a ton. They are TOTALLY worth it, just for all the tips and tricks that will really speed up your scrapping!

Oh, Jessica's classes are SOOO worth every penny! She and her classes are fabulous!

Have fun with the Up & Running class. You will love it!

Sugarplum Addict Hanging with the Chicks! amymom24's Avatar
    Very, very worth it!!!

Looks arenít everything. Itís whatís inside you that really matters. A biology teacher told me that Hanging with the Chicks! jomi's Avatar
    Definitely worth every penny! I am taking the From good to great photo's workflow course now and it's just amazing. The way she explains everything is easy to follow and clear.
    I am even thinking of taking her scrapbooking classes eventhough I digi scrap for 5 years now..

Little Chickie Hanging with the Chicks! minty magic's Avatar
    Very, very, very most definitely!!!!

I think everyone has already said it all and I agree wholeheartedly.
    Claire
    x

Take a peek at my digi blog

Quote Originally Posted by jomi View Post
    Definitely worth every penny! I am taking the From good to great photo's workflow course now and it's just amazing. The way she explains everything is easy to follow and clear.
    I am even thinking of taking her scrapbooking classes eventhough I digi scrap for 5 years now..
    I actually talked him into U&R and From Good to Great - they were both 20% off over Mother's Day weekend. Now to get my memory issues solved so I can take them...
    Emily

Glad you got both classes---they are the best I have found---like everyone else already said totally worth the money! Have fun!

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    I'm so excited...I'm going to take her photo editing class (Stacey D talked me into it ) I can't wait to learn what I'm really doing, instead of just copying the numbers other people suggest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast