The DigiChick

Thread: Ribbon?

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together. Hanging with the Chicks! AquaRuby's Avatar

Ribbon?

Where do you buy your ribbon and who makes it?

My Blog: .:Scraps of Me:.

Everywhere I really like Stampin' Up! ribbon, but you have to buy a lot at a time and it's a little spendy. Michaels and Joanns usually has some cute $1.00 ribbon. My local scrapbooking store, Paper Cottage, has really yummy ribbon that I can buy by the yard...and there's always good old Walmart
    My Blog

Chatty Chickster Hanging with the Chicks!
    Like Kristie said, anywhere I can find it!

$1 spools at Michael's and Joann's
    Hobby Lobby, and Garden Ridge
    Check the Dollar Spot at Target for seasonal ribbon- I have found some great steals there!

I have a number of local SB stores that sell ribbon by the foot or by the yard- my favorite brands found there are Creative Imaginations and May Arts.

Also, one of the cake decorating stores near me sells ribbon- go figure!
    I *AM* the Geeky Diva!
    My Poor Neglected Blog

happy to be a chick Hanging with the Chicks! MariKoegelenberg's Avatar
    I also love teh $1 deals at Michaels...I still cannot get over it how much cheaper it is to buy a spool of ribbon here than back in South Africa...I have all these little odds and ends that I have been hoarding that cost so much that I am just so scared to use! lol...I know so sad!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

I probably own close to 50 rolls of Stampin' Up! ribbon ... love that stuff!
    *KARI*
    Stop by MY BLOG!

Little Miss Template Maker Hanging with the Chicks! kelleighr's Avatar
    I have most of the Close To My Heart ribbon rounds. They come out to less than $1 a piece, and they all coordinate nicely. But, I probably use my Walmart ribbon the most because it was so cheap! I'm with Mari. I have a hard time using stuff that cost me a lot. But, I love to look at it, which is why I hoard it.
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    I buy it everywhere - I cannot resist a bin full of ribbons LOL! The good thing about the digi part of hybrid is you can match almost anything with a little trial and error.

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together. Hanging with the Chicks! AquaRuby's Avatar
    Thanks girls. I used to have Michaels, JoAnns, etc close by -- now I have none. I don't want to buy it online if I don't have too. There is a LSS up the street, but the ribbon they sell is usually patterned. I am actually looking to stock up on just standard (just one color) ribbon. Having been a traditional scrapper for over ten years, I got a lot of ribbon -- but most of it is patterened.

So how much does ribbon cost from Stampin' Up and Close to My Heart? I wish I had a Target nearby, guess I'll be stopping in at good ole Wally World soon.

Little Chickie Hanging with the Chicks! cindyg's Avatar
    Another thought - there are alot of online sites that sell ribbon by the yard too. You could even try Ebay.

Just plain grosgrain ribbon is $4.95 for 15 yds, 5/8 grosgrain ribbon is $7.95 for 15 yds and the taffeta ribbon is $6.95 for 10 yds.

Do you have a Dollar Tree store? About a month ago they had 5/8 grosgrain ribbon in a bunch of colors.
    My Blog

Oh good point about e-bay!!

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    My collection is mostly SU! because I used to be a demo... and the yardage is great! Actually, I think it used to be more? I thought my spools were 25 yards, but maybe I'm dreaming that up. I have maybe five other misc. ribbon rolls from Michaels and American Crafts (on sale). Just whatever had caught my eye at the store...
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

SU! 1/4" grosgrain DID used to be 25 yard rolls!! I think it was $6.95, though, and is now only $4.95. Lots of ribbon goodness from Stampin' Up!

I have bought ric rac by the yard on eBay from Starlit Studio. She now has an online store that you can find HERE. She was quick to ship and seemed to have a great variety!
    *KARI*
    Stop by MY BLOG!

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! Vervegirl's Avatar
    I totally love SU! taffeta and 1/4" grosgrain, so those are my go-to ribbons. When I order online, I usually order from Really Reasonable Ribbon. They have good prices, a great variety, great customer service and lots of their ribbons can be bought in 5 to 10 yard lengths as well as full spools.