The DigiChick

kids and their weird imagination

Are your kids into imagining weirdo things?

Lately Katie (who is 2.5) has been pretending that she's a dog or cat, complete with the doggie and kitty kisses (i.e., licks) that she likes to give.

Why? Why does my kid want to pretend to be an animal? At least she doesn't demand to eat on the floor! LOL

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    My brother Jacob used to be a cat named Mr. Rectangle. He crawled around the house and scratched his ear with his foot (he was about 4? at the time) It was really funny.
    I don't know what causes it, though. Jasmine likes to dress up as princesses (and insists that we call her by the right name), or as me (and then we have to call her Mommy)...I love watching their imagination bloom, but it can get tiring when she's on her 6th character for the day and I get "yelled at" for calling her the wrong character!

lol Maggie does that different name thing. She's been out of the princess phase since we went to Disney and she was dressed as a princess (her choice) for the full day every day for 7 days. Lately she's been WORD GIRL! (from PBS) She also goes around saying it like that: WORD GIRL!! Word Up! lol

Katie's other "fun" thing these days is to come up and shriek. Then, "That's not a scary monster! It's just Mommy (or whoever)!" funny kiddos

my kids do that all the time too!! its crazy lol
    "live the life you love and love the life you live" umgd

Scrapping Goddess Hanging with the Chicks! gonewiththewind's Avatar
    Daniel likes to pretend to be a cat. Thank goodness he doesn't lick, though. Whew!

He is very into playing with trains and cars and trucks and has entire conversations and scenarios ~ very complicated ~ all planned out. Cracks me up.

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Camille had some fun ones today:

- We were reading Rabbit & Hare Split an Apple (or something like that), and those two were fighting over pieces of their mushroom. To which Camille responded, "Aw, man. Such good friends and they're arguing over a silly mushroom."
    - Then later in the story when raccoon dupes the rabbit & hare and eats said mushroom, she was quite upset. "HMPH!!" she said, "I would just KILL that raccoon!" I was laughing SO hard

Little Miss Scatterbrain Hanging with the Chicks! ehooton's Avatar
    LOL, my kids take turns being the cat and the other one is the owner and leads the cat around the house and pets it. It is SO WEIRD!!!
    Elaine's my name, but you can call me 'E'!
    You'll also find me around the interwebs as RedheadRev!

CT for:
    Scrap Blog Blog

That's what my kids do, E!