The DigiChick

Aug. 26th Today's trivia for you....

• Today is National Dog Day, a day to appreciate humankind's most popular pet as loving and loyal companions, pets who treat us better than we treat each other
    • Today is Make Your Own Luck Day, a day to take affirmative action to improve your life.
    • Today is National Cherry Popsicle Day.
    On this date . . .

1885: The first motorcycle was patented by Gottlieb Daimler in Germany.

1947: St. Louis honored their hometown boy with Yogi Berra Night at Sportsmenís Park. To close the ceremonies, Yogi stepped to the microphone and said, "I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary."

1968: The Beatles released "Hey, Jude," which would top the U.S. music charts longer than any other Beatlesí song: nine weeks.

1968: Jeannie C. Riley was awarded a gold record for "Harper Valley PTA."

1973: The University of Texas at Arlington became the first accredited school to offer studies in belly dancing.

1987: Singer Sonny Bono announced he would run for mayor of Palm Springs, California, admitting, quote, "Iíve never been qualified for anything Iíve done."

1991: A Gallup Poll revealed that ice-cream lovers take more baths and are less likely to be nervous than people who seldom eat ice cream.

1996: The electronics giant Philips unveiled a new television, the FlatTV, which could be hung on a wall as if it were a painting.

So, who's up for some popsicles? then we can all join in and sing a round of Harper Valley PTA!!! LOL

****!!! I have been craving cherry popsicles ALL day LOL how odd!

Yogi is awesome. I read his biography, and it was written in his true style. I loved it!

"It's like deja-vu all over again!"
    ~*Jamie*~
    Creating for:
    Sweet Shoppe Designs | Lauren Grier | Tracie Stroud

I love these lists!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!