The DigiChick

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar

New Recipes: what catches your eye?

What do you notice in a recipe that makes you want to try it? And what do you see that you avoid like the plague?

I love seeing the following in recipes:
    garlic
    spinach
    feta
    broccoli
    cheese
    bacon
    sour cream

And I avoid anything that has:
    peppers
    mushrooms
    Cream of Chicken soup (not that we don't like it, but DH can't have it and we haven't found a natural brand that he can have)

How about you?
    Last edited by Charla; 09-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Oh, and chocolate (in the "love" column)

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kperrien's Avatar
    Hmm.. I like recipes with pics and if it looks yummy I'll try it..I've been stuck on this site lately: http://simplyrecipes.com/ I've made alot of things from this site and all came out yummy!
    hugs, Kara

my twitter~ my blog~ my gallery

Fan of: everyone!!

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! Tanyia's Avatar
    I just LOVE to cook and bake! Really...anything that just sounds good, or has a great pic that makes me want to eat it lol.

I reallllly hate spinach and tofu, couscous, brussel sprouts...ECK!

Queen of cramming 30hrs into a 24hr day Hanging with the Chicks! wildblueeyez's Avatar
    if it has chicken or cheese, it's a go in my house LOL.....

I'm always looking for something new to make...

Gimme Metals oh and um paper flowers Hanging with the Chicks! snaggletooth75's Avatar
    A recipe that dont involve actual cooking LOL i am not a cook and hate cooking but i have to feed the family and pizza and take out get old after a while LOL

hahaha. what carly said. i looooathe cooking. so for me recipes that say "easy", "fast", "one dish meal" appeal to me. it's so hard cooking for a hubby that doesn't love veggies, kids that don't have as evolved tastebuds as myself and then low-fat for me. it actually blows. cooking is the pits.

what is the speed of dark? Hanging with the Chicks! marianneh's Avatar
    it rather depends on the mood and the occasion I love to cook and bake, and I don't mind if it gets a bit complicated, though the easier and faster recipes are nice for week days

as long as there's not olives or tofu or canned anything in it, I'm good

Lately I've been doing a lot of baking and try to find recipes that use whole wheat flour and/or oats to make them healthier. I tend to try to stick on the healthier side for entree recipes, too, but have some basic staples that I usually stick with in that area. I did start making my spaghetti sauce from scratch, but my family isn't much into soups or casseroles (much to my dismay since I love both) so I don't get to try those kinds of recipes very often.

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kperrien's Avatar
    omg I've been bad the past few days! Made fried chicken and breaded fried porkchops.. some one smack me!
    hugs, Kara

my twitter~ my blog~ my gallery

Fan of: everyone!!

Oh, I know, Kara, I don't do it often, but once in a while, that fried stuff is just GOOD!