The DigiChick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quirks

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar

Quirks

Time to have some fun getting to know a little more about each other!

Quirks. We've all got 'em. What are some of yours? Do you like it about yourself, or do you wish you could change?

I can't throw out food in the fridge until it's truly gone *bad*, but I won't eat it after a certain part. I just can't bring myself to throw it out until it's turning fuzzy or blue . It's stupid, but I can't change that about myself, no matter how hard I try.

I'm a really fast reader. And the more exciting it is, the faster I read. It gets to the point that I start skipping entire paragraphs without realizing it. So I can't tell you exactly how most books end, but just give you a general overview, because I've skimmed over too many important details.

There are more but I'll let someone else go for awhile while I rescue Hudson from his boredom

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    I give feelings to inanimate objects. Like if I'm eating a cluster of grapes and one of them is extra teeny or shriveled up, I feel sorry for it and don't want to throw it away so I'll either eat it, or I'll throw another one away with it so the little tiny one has a buddy.

If I'm eating cereal, I don't like to leave one piece of cereal floating in the milk so I make sure it comes out so there isn't one lone piece of cereal.

If I'm picking clover for my pet rabbit and I drop one of the pieces of clover, I'll pick it back up because I don't want it to feel like it didn't matter!

I have MANY examples of this quirk but I'll stop before someone calls the authorities! I know....I need lengthy counseling. :-)

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    That's adorable, Donna! I love it!

Here's one I'm not proud of, though at the outset it looks like I should be. I've never failed at anything. Because I only try if I'm almost positive I'll succeed. I wish I could be more willing to try things, because I'd learn a lot more by being willing to fail. (I think I failed two pop quizzes in 10th grade math, but that was IT.)

Queen of cramming 30hrs into a 24hr day Hanging with the Chicks! wildblueeyez's Avatar
    Well, for one, I like things MY way! LOL.....

I hate admitting I'm wrong about anything

I am a creature of habit

and dare I say it? the older I get (and my kids), the less I like squealing little kids around

I have to think to come up with something that compares to Charla's "won't eat it but can't throw it out because it's not growing mold" quirk....

Ohmyword, Donna! How precious are you!?!?

My quirks....

I read magazines back-to-front.
    I am a obsessive channel-changer. Even if I'm in the middle of a show I am enjoying, I'll change the channel "just because" and then change it right back.
    I refuse to do anything that is "too popular" like wear Crocs, drink Chai Tea, or read Twilight (although I did finally cave on this one). Even if I know I'll like it, I'll avoid it at all costs just because everyone else is doing it.

Thrilled to be Creating for

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kistal1027's Avatar
    Sometime I don't like eating/using the last of anything unless I already have more. I've let food spoil because it was the last bit left and I didn't get a chance to buy more.

I always read the last few lines of a book before I read the rest of it.
    -Crystal
    \

My DH is like that about not finishing off the last bite (/sip) of things! I'm so obsessed with having things "finished" that it drives me nuts, but I've finally gotten used to it as one of his quirks so I'm not as surprised anymore!

I don't like to look at the puzzle box when I'm doing a puzzle. I never read the end of the book before I start. I hate reading the back cover of a book or movie, because it gives away too much. I take that kind of thing far too seriously

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    Jenny, I can relate to the "refusing to do things that are to popular. I also don't own Crocs. I refuse to drive an SUV, I haven't read any of the Twilight series and I doubt I will. (I'm mildly curious but not enough to do anything about it.) I will never live in a housing development where all the houses look almost identical. I think that would be pure torture! :-)

donna, you really are precious. i can tend to have obsessive inanimate object love myself. like miniature things...omg, i just die over them sometimes and no one else get's my giddiness.

hmmm...what weird things do i do? oh yes...

(it's a little creepy) but like when my windshield wipers are going in my car and it's quiet i will start saying 1234, 1234, 1234 or whatever count matches the rhythm in my head. i do this for a lot of things. ie. when i print stuff i hear rhythm in the way the printer thing moves.

i can only drink ice cold milk. in fact, if it's not to my preferred temperature i will add ice.

i chew on my left pinky when i read. the nail on said pinky is now flat.

i have an unhealthy obsession with keeping my home spotless. i mean, SPOT-LESS. i vacuum at least twice a day. i clean my bathrooms every other day. i organize crap just for the fun of it and i cannot leave my house for any reason without doing a once over to make sure it is pristine. i will then sacrifice being on time to ensure a clean house. i'm ill.

i'll let you all stew over these for a bit. i don't wanna lose any friends today.
    Last edited by lizzyfizzy; 09-25-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iJenny View Post
    I refuse to do anything that is "too popular" like wear Crocs, drink Chai Tea, or read Twilight (although I did finally cave on this one). Even if I know I'll like it, I'll avoid it at all costs just because everyone else is doing it.
    I have this EXACT SAME issue!! I can't eve tell you how long I held out before I caved in and read a Harry Potter book! And I WILL NOT read Twilight... just too trendy! Blah!

Other quirks... I have MANY!!

My #1 weirdness is that I HATE ANYTHING TOUCHING MY FACE!! Glasses, my hair, my hands, the phone, even my kids or my husband. Can't stand it! Once something touches my face, I start compulsively wiping it off, and really only can stop once I've full-out washed my face with soap and water. Uggg..I'm such a koook!
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
    i can only drink ice cold milk. in fact, if it's not to my preferred temperature i will add ice.

Yay!!! I have an ice-in-the-milk buddy! My husband was SURE I was the only person on earth who would ever put ice in milk! LOL! When I went to Spain, the family I stayed with thought I was downright CRAZY because they drink milk sort of room-temp / barely chilled, and every morning I would plop some ice into my milk.
    Rebecca

Kiwi Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kateypie's Avatar
    You girls are too cute, I love reading stuff like this! I don't think I have many things like that but whenever I hop in the shower (we have a shower over the bath) I have to tap my foot on the bath as I'm hopping in. It feels strange if I don't. Oh, and I have to cross my 7s and Zs - always. I try not to, but then have to go back and do them after.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaH View Post
    Yay!!! I have an ice-in-the-milk buddy! My husband was SURE I was the only person on earth who would ever put ice in milk! LOL! When I went to Spain, the family I stayed with thought I was downright CRAZY because they drink milk sort of room-temp / barely chilled, and every morning I would plop some ice into my milk.
    YESSSSSS!!! we are so friggin cool, rebecca!

Kiwi Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kateypie's Avatar
    Oh and I refused to read Twilight too because of that very reason, but despite myself I'm enjoying it, It's nowhere near as good as people make out but it's ok for a light, entertaining read, that is if you can handle revisiting your teenage years and all that anguish over love & boyfriends!

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kperrien's Avatar
    LOL another obsessed house cleaner!

I get upset when the toilet paper or paper towels don't get put on the right way..

I'm obseesed on when the next mothergoosetime preschool in a box will come..

and the dog has to be cleaned all the time.. he stinks like maple sryup and it drives me insane..

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
    donna, you really are precious. i can tend to have obsessive inanimate object love myself. like miniature things...omg, i just die over them sometimes and no one else get's my giddiness.

hmmm...what weird things do i do? oh yes...

(it's a little creepy) but like when my windshield wipers are going in my car and it's quiet i will start saying 1234, 1234, 1234 or whatever count matches the rhythm. i do this for a lot of things. ie. when i print stuff i hear rhythm in the way the printer thing moves.

i chew on my left pinky when i read. it's now flat.

i have an unhealthy obsession with keeping my home spotless. i mean, SPOT-LESS. i vacuum at least twice a day. i clean my bathrooms every other day. i organize crap just for the fun of it and i cannot leave my house for any reason without doing a once over to make sure it is pristine. i will then sacrifice being on time to ensure a clean house. i'm ill.

i'll let you all stew over these for a bit. i don't wanna lose any friends today.
    hugs, Kara

my twitter~ my blog~ my gallery

Fan of: everyone!!

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kistal1027's Avatar
    DH puts ice in his milk and I thought HE was the only one!! LOL!
    -Crystal
    \

Gimme Metals oh and um paper flowers Hanging with the Chicks! snaggletooth75's Avatar
    I dont like mirrors! I either turn them around or cover then JUST at night!

Gimme Metals oh and um paper flowers Hanging with the Chicks! snaggletooth75's Avatar
    I hate butter! For some reason it freaks me out! If i touch it I sanitize my hands right after or i wear surgeons gloves ( which i get from my mom cause she uses them cause meat freaks her out when she touches raw meat) when i use it to cook with LOL

ETA~ I also only drink ice milk but only with crushed ice and choclate syrup ( hesheys dark)

Mirrors at night kinda creep me out too, Carly. Our bed faces our master bathroom mirror and I've scared myself more than once, getting up to go to the bathroom or whatever and seeing a figure in the mirror in the dark. Only to realize that its ME in the mirror! )

OMG, Carly! I refuse to touch raw meat too!! I wear rubber gloves anytime I handle raw meat, but ESPECIALLY chicken. I cannot STAND raw chicken. *shudder*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast