The DigiChick

Thread: Alike

Alike

Has anyone else felt that all their lo's start to look alike after a while?

I'm starting to feel that way.

Hanging with the Chicks! jacinda's Avatar
    Sometimes I do. But that's because I go through stages of liking a certain look. Like blocking, or clustering or something for a week or so, then change to something else. I use templates a lot though, so I can get out of the rut by just choosing a different look. I feel like I have to justify using templates sometimes when I see almost everyone else just does their own designs. I have a hard time creating a page without templates, or at least I need to have an 'end vision' of what the page will approximately look like, or I just sit there and have no mojo. Don't get me wrong, I can and do create pages without templates, but instead of considering it a weakness, I am beginning to realise it's a strength. Lots of designers create templates, and I can do a good job promoting them and using them. Nicole knew when she asked me to join TDC that I'm a template kind of girl, and if that's OK with her, then that's OK with me too. (Goodness, I'm still justifying it. LOL. Insecurities you see.)

If you think you're in a rut, go try a template or two - it works for me

No i think al my LO's have difference. I try to add a unique flair to them! Right now im just to sick to even put one together and i suck at templates so im stuck LOL

Hanging with the Chicks! Fairytale Studios's Avatar
    I'm in that rut right now...I look at all my pages and although the placement might be different, I tend to cluster ALOT around 1 or 2 photos...I really want to start branching out....

I'm terrible about this . . . and I won't even notice it until I go back to my gallery and then I'll see the layouts side by side and I'm like GEEZ they all look the same. But I guess that's good and bad ~ maybe I've finally found my style OR I've lost creativity.

What always helps me is perusing the galleries of paper and digi scrappers and scraplifting. Sometimes it's a downright copy of their page, sometimes I let it inspire me or flip or rotate it or something. Or I go take a bunch of photos and that might get me itching to create some pages.

So no, girl, you are NOT alone!

Me. That's one of the reasons I haven't scrapped much lately. I need to do some lifts...

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Hanging with the Chicks! marianneh's Avatar
    oh totally!!! that's when I use templates, LOVE them I also go for a gander through the galleries, I try to find a scrapper that I don't know, and like Cheryl said, sometimes it's a lift and sometimes I just use it as inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
    I'm terrible about this . . . and I won't even notice it until I go back to my gallery and then I'll see the layouts side by side and I'm like GEEZ they all look the same.
    Meeeeee, tooooooo!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

mine all definitely look the same to me! I have decided it's cause I have found my style and I am trying to embrace it. I figure that at least I know the page are mine and I have fun making them. I can't stand trying to force myself to be creative so I just go with the flow and in the end almost all my pages have the same clustery feel....but that's me I guess! lol!

Scraplifting always helps though if you find that you are lacking creativity and are really wanting to try some new things.
    Crystal