The DigiChick

Starting with PSE...having a problem already

I have used Picture It in the past & have now switched to PSE. My problem is that when I click on the PSE icon to start the program, I get something called "MY Catalogue" I can not go any further at that point. The only way I can get into PSE to work is to go to "My Pictures" , select a picture, & "open with" This is really madening. I must have done something to cause this problem. I can't even find "My Catalogue" in the help topics. Can anyone help me on this?

Yikes!
    I would uninstall and reinstall - making sure nothing was running while I installed - even check ctrl + alt + delete and see what might be going in the background that you don't need...
    Not sure what else you could try...at least, not without seriously confusing you...lol

Which version of PSE are you using? Sounds like 3.0 or 4.0 and like it's opening your Organizer instead of the editor. There is a box you can check in that opening "catalog" so that PSE will open in editor mode instead of the organizer mode. I'm not sure exactly where as I turned mine off when I got it cuz I hated that it opened up in that thing instead of the editing workspace. Look closely and play with it a bit more. Let me know what you find and maybe I can help more.

Robin

Super Chick Hanging with the Chicks! c_lyle's Avatar
    Yup...My Catelogue is the Organizer Mode of PSE - you want to be in in Editor Mode to create your layouts. Here's what you do to change the default setting to open Editor instead of Organizer:

With PSE open (in Organizer or Editor Mode) you need to open up the "Welcome" screen. From the Menu Bar, select Window>Welcome. The Welcome screen will open up and you will see at the bottom left of the screen "Start Up In:" - selcet Editor. Then the next time you open PSE, you will be taken directly to Editor so you can create your layouts. HTH!
    Christy Lyle

Blog Me
    My Gallery

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks!

Red face

My excuse is that I am very new to this. Now what does PSE stand for , please?

Martina

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! Kat Stokes's Avatar
    Martina - It's Photo Shop Elements... hth!!!
    Kathi
    Proudly Creating For:
    Christy Lyle ~ Julie Billingsley
    Jennifer Fox ~ Nikki Epperson

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks!
    Yes, thank you. There are so many programs out there . How does one choose?

Martina

Quote Originally Posted by petzie
    Yes, thank you. There are so many programs out there . How does one choose?

Martina
    What I did was download some trial versions of various programs and played around with them. I think I just tried PSE3, GIMP, and PSP. PSE3 was the one that I understood the best. Also it helped that at the time when I bought it I found a rebate.

good luck in making your decision!