The DigiChick

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks!

Smile Eager in Montana

HI ! I am so ready to go but I have not even decided on a program yet. LOL That's me. I am a SAHM to two ( 10 g & 6 b ) and plenty of pictures waiting to be scrapped. I am a "traditional" scrapper and picked up a copy of Simple Scrapbooks Digital Scrapbooking the other day at the store and I was just so excited over all the money I could safe by going digital. No more papers to buy and no more stickers to keep track of. But where to start? I have no knowledge of any of the programs out there so I start from scratch. It seems the favorite program in the SB magazine is Adobe Photoshop. I have PSP , Uleads Photo-something and HP Creative Scrabook Assistant. So, plenty of choices and no idea where to start. Well, that is about enough of me. I need to go and look around some more . So much to see .........
    Happy to be here. I am sure you will hear a lot from me .
    Have a good day.

Super Chick Hanging with the Chicks! paula_duncan's Avatar
    British Columbia, Canada
    Welcome Martina! Yes most of us use Adobe Photoshop but PSP is a good program as well! There are alot of tutorials out there for it that you can try to get started.
    ~ Paula Duncan ~

~MY BLOG~

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! WyoWoman's Avatar
    NW Wyoming
    Howdy neighbor!
    I tried PSP first and it didn't "click" for me. I love Photoshop Elements3 . However my sister hates photoshop and LOVES PSP. So, just start playing and see

ETA: P.S. Oh, and I too was a paper scrapper and started by buying SSDigital mag-- for my sister. And I opened up PSP to help her figure out creating her first page-- and *I'm* the one it addicted - ha!
    Last edited by WyoWoman; 11-23-2005 at 01:31 AM.

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks! anne357's Avatar
    Northern WI

You have all you need

PSP or the HP software will help you with scrapping. Basically all you can do with HP is create layouts from pre-made stuff, you can't create your own backgrounds, elements etc in it. But in PSP you can do all of those things and more. Just a word of warning.....this can become very addictive. Have fun.
    The more I scrap, the more addicted I become. :whatchuta

My avatar is my cat Eidolon.

Welcome Martina! I use PSP 9 and love it, although I do have PhotoShop and am learning it, slowly LOL. You should be able to do whatever you need to create your layouts with PSP.
    Nikki Painter
    My Blog

Proudly Creating for Holly McCaig, Paula Duncan and Janet Phillips

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Rynonut Mom's Avatar
    Mesa, AZ
    Welcome Martina! Just open a program and play - you'll soon find one you like!