SPEED SCRAP - 11/20/09 @ 9 pm CST/10 pm EST

Hi my fellow chicks ~ just letting you know about our Speed Scrap for this month! My poll results indicated that most of you liked the Friday PM slot for a Speed Scrap, so I chose it for this particular Speed Scrap. But please know that in the future I'll be picking other days and times so our fellow scrappers in other countries and times zones will be able to participate.

So please join me in the forum on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2009, for some fun chit chat and instructions and you'll end up with a rockin' layout for your scrapbooks! I'll update and let you know exactly where in our forums you'll need to go to participate, OK?

SPEED SCRAP Nov. 20, 2009 at 9 pm CST/10 pm EST

For those of you who are new to Speed Scrapping, here are the basics:

Starting at the top of the hour, I will post your first instruction, followed by one more instruction every ten minutes through the hour. At the top of the second hour, I will post the seventh and final instruction and then you'll have one additional hour to complete, upload and link your layout back to the Speed Scrap thread. If you do not post in the Speed Scrap thread, I wonít know that youíve participated and we wonít be able to oooh and aaah over your page!

Here are a few hints to help make this easier for you:

Have your scrapping program open with a blank page ready to go.
    F5 is your refresh button (for PC users).
    Feel free to ask any questions at any time.
    SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! Don't forget to save! Itís a good idea to save your layout every ten minutes, or every time a new instruction is posted.
    TDC products are NOT required, but of course, we absolutely LOVE it when we see your layouts with TDC designs.

The instructions should be easy to understand, but everyone has different ways of interpreting them. Please remember that you have creative license and you might interpret an instruction differently than another scrapper. Please don't stress! Speed scraps are fun. Just take the instructions to mean what YOU think they mean and have a good time!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here. I look forward to seeing you!

For our last Speed Scrap there was a cute kit from the TDC Shop that went to one of our participants. I'm not sure what this month's prize will be at this point, but will edit as soon as I get that information.

I am a very slow scrapper, but I think I will try this out. It sounds fun and challenging.

Hanging with the Chicks! jacinda's Avatar
    People say "It's the thought that counts, not the gift", but couldn't people think a little bigger?
    I think that's about 4pm Saturday for me, so I'll have to play it by ear - see what we're doing. I enjoyed the last speed scrap and would love to play again if I can.

Yay I will be here, putting it on my calendar now so I don't forget!
    Jenn

Ohhh I hope I remember!! lol Maybe Nicole will tweet about it and remind me lol

I'll try to get dh to put the kids to bed so I can scrap!

Creating for Disasterpiece Studios

Just bumping this ~ reminder that the Speed Scrap is tomorrow night! Woo-Hoo!

Friday's aren't usually good for me, but I LOVE speed scraps so I'll definitely be watching for the next one. I'm sure you guys will have a blast!

...let's get connected...

hum... wonder if I have sometime tonight. I'd love to scrap a page, haven't done that in ages it seems!

I am just trying to work out the time zone difference... Is it the speed scrap on in an hour and a half? i.e. 2pm Sydney time? Thanks!
    *GUEST CT MEMBER IN APRIL and MAY FOR THE DIGICHICK SITE!!!*
    I AM VERY PROUD TO CREATE FOR: | EDELINE MARTA DESIGNS | ELISE'S PIECES |
    | FIDDLE DEE DEE DESIGNS | THREE SWEET CHICKS | YOSHIKO DESIGNS | VIVA ARTISTRY |

The countdown is on! Just 1 1/2 hours left!

Join me for our Speed Scrap at 9 pm CST/10 pm EST!

HERE'S THE THREAD YOU'LL GO TO FOR THE SPEED SCRAP:
    11/20 SPEED SCRAP

You'll earn 1 Chickie Point for participating, and one randomly selected participant will win this:

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmum View Post
    I am just trying to work out the time zone difference... Is it the speed scrap on in an hour and a half? i.e. 2pm Sydney time? Thanks!
    Yes, ma'am ~ I do believe that's correct . . . 1.5 hours from now, which is 9 pm CST/10 pm EST . . . and 2 pm Sydney time (you are daylight savings time there, right?).

Yes we are on daylight savings Cheryl~thanks! I am so excited that I can make it-hooray!
    *GUEST CT MEMBER IN APRIL and MAY FOR THE DIGICHICK SITE!!!*
    I AM VERY PROUD TO CREATE FOR: | EDELINE MARTA DESIGNS | ELISE'S PIECES |
    | FIDDLE DEE DEE DESIGNS | THREE SWEET CHICKS | YOSHIKO DESIGNS | VIVA ARTISTRY |

Yay, I'm so glad our Australian and Kiwi friends will be able to play too!

Creating for Disasterpiece Studios