The DigiChick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are you proud that you can do...

...that you never thought you'd be able to?

I'm very proud that I can spell Mari's last name now (Koegelenberg) without thinking through it now

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I can eat and mouse left-handed, thanks to all these years of nursing!

How about you?

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! judet's Avatar
    I always used to have to check Mari's surname too, lol!

I'm proud that I can run further than I thought I ever could.
    I'm proud that I'm not scared of heights any more and can climb mountains without even thinking of it. (I'm terrified of my girls falling, but that's different!)
    :: Jude ::
    : Creating for : The Digichick :
    : Kate Hadfield : Kim Jensen : Tickled Pink Studio : Amy Wolff :
    : My Gallery :

happy to be a chick Hanging with the Chicks! MariKoegelenberg's Avatar
    yeah come on how difficult can it be!!!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    This isn't really something I can "do", but it's something I'm "doing". I'm proud that I've been self-employed since 2001. I never in a million years thought I would be able to do that. It's been tough sometimes, but I'm keeping my head above water and I see great things for 2010. I really love being my own boss and not having to leave to go to a job everyday!

That's awesome, Donna! I do much better having a boss, but I envy people like you the freedom your self-employment allows!

Jude, that's SO cool I love it!

Mari It's okay. No one can spell my last name, either. They can't say it, either. It's not that hard, but I'm always hearing "Vickler" and once even heard "Vikler!" (It's Virkler. Two Rs. )

Little Chickie Hanging with the Chicks! g8rbeckie's Avatar
    I'm proud that I can still remember all of the states in alphabetical order from a song I learned when I was 9...

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut...you get the point

ummm...
    I'm proud that I can travel for work and get around by myself! When I took my first job (in Houston), I was TERRIFIED of driving in the city and practiced for three days before my first day. Last year I went to Ireland and the UK by myself for business and loved it!

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    I would be terrified of the traveling and getting around alone, too. I don't do well in those situations. I get a little panicky! So, YAY for you...I'm envious.

Speaking of retaining something you memorized. When I was a freshman in high school my best friend was ALWAYS reading a romance novel. I used to tease her by reading the information on the back in a dramatic way. One book in particular, I read the opening paragraph so many times that I memorized it and I can still recite that today. "Night gripped the city with cold misty darkness. The threat of winter was heavy in the air. Acrid smoke stung the nostrils and throat.....blah blah blah." It goes on.

Then the summer after graduation I was looking for a book to read. I had totally forgotten exactly WHAT book I'd memorized. I grabbed one off my sister's shelf, opened to the first chapter and started reading "Night gripped the city..." Ha I didn't read the book.

I have eyes that can see right through le-e-e-ead Hanging with the Chicks! EliseH's Avatar
    LOL-- acrid smoke!

Beckie, I think you and I know the same song-- as soon as I read your post, I started humming it! ... Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana... We even did actions and I remember those, too. Kind of sad, kind of cool!

I make a killer caramel-- I make them every year for Christmas and every year they turn out better. I have to act modest... "oh, it's nothing".... but really, these caramels are incredible. I just have to try not to eat too many myself!

I have eyes that can see right through le-e-e-ead Hanging with the Chicks! EliseH's Avatar
    LOL-- acrid smoke! :rofl:

Beckie, I think you and I know the same song-- as soon as I read your post, I started humming it! ... Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana... We even did actions and I remember those, too. Kind of sad, kind of cool!

I make a killer caramel-- I make them every year for Christmas and every year they turn out better. I have to act modest... "oh, it's nothing".... but really, these caramels are incredible. I just have to try not to eat too many myself!

koegelenberg. i looked once and typed it. is it right!??!?!

eta. hecks yes it is!!!!

Good job, Lizzy! Elise, you'll be sending caramels to the entire TDC crew, right?

Mari, if it makes you feel any better that we're all having so much fun figuring out how to spell your last name, we've heard that it's a "parlor game" for people to try to figure out the names of my siblings Bonus points to those who can get them in order!! (there are 11 of us)

YAY!!!! caramels are my favorite!!!

happy to be a chick Hanging with the Chicks! MariKoegelenberg's Avatar
    you can write it...can you pronounce it???

sorry I just have to have a giggle! lol!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished Hanging with the Chicks! yamstamps's Avatar
    Hmmmm there's no microphone feature here (thank goodness). I'm just not sure on how the "oe" is pronounced....is it like an "ay" or an "oh" or....

No one can spell or pronounce my last name (Yamamoto)....when I was married, I figured I would never have to spell my last name again. I was wrong. My married name was "Wright" and if I told people that, they'd always say "With a 'W'?" (honestly? have you ever seen another way to spell it?)
    ~Linda~

what is the speed of dark? Hanging with the Chicks! marianneh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MariKoegelenberg View Post
    you can write it...can you pronounce it???

sorry I just have to have a giggle! lol!
    I can!! but then, I do have an advantage over the other chicks, hey Mari?

I'm proud that I can drive on both sides of the road! In SA we drive on the left and here they drive on the right. I'm proud that I learnt photoshop, it's one of the tasks I set myself when we arrived here and I'm so proud that we managed to stay here for as long as we did, we're so close to reaching our goal and it's a good feeling! and I'm proud that I seem to be doing a fairly ok job as a SAHM

Kiwi Chick Hanging with the Chicks! kateypie's Avatar
    It's been a year since my last baby was born, and a few weeks since I've breastfed her, but I'm still so super proud that I gave birth to three children at home, and breastfed them all. It wasn't easy, and I feel extremely proud of it actually (and lucky to live in a country where this is normal, safe and legal... oh and FREE).

I can also wiggle my ears and cross my eyes in different directions.. less proud of this skill, lol!

Well I for one am extremely impressed with those accomplishments using a variety of body parts!

I am proud that I can have taught myself how to do lots of html coding and taught myself to quilt. I am sure there are a few other things but, those are the ones that stand out in my mind that I use ALL the time!

Creating for:
    Little Butterfly Wings, Krystal Hartley, Sabrina Dupre, Pink Reptile Designs,
    Chelle's Creations, Laura Banasiak, Truman Studio, Busy Bee Designs and Flergs
    Currently guesting for: Studio Basic
    My Blog

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Today we were headed out to a birthday party, and I realized that my jeans were all in the wash, along w/ khakis, etc... I had nothing to wear but dressier slacks. So....I pulled out a pair of my I-can't-squeeze-into-these-anymore jeans from a box in the closet, and....

I'm very proud that I can wear a pair of my skinnier jeans again! I even got compliments at the party - score!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast