My computer is dying...Mac vs. PC...help

So, my PC is dying. Which is why I just don't have to patience to be on it lately and I have been lurking instead of participating. I'm used to running several things at once and bouncing back and forth and my old Dell just can't take it for very long anymore.

I have made a little chunk of change doing my pendants this season and I'm buying myself a new computer. I'm seriously considering scrapping this whole PC thing and going with a Mac. Anyone create on a Mac? If you have any advice, wisdom, etc, on this subject, I would love your input!

some background...hubby can get a student discount this semester, so we're going to buy an Adobe software bundle, so I can buy it for either PC or Mac, so changing software is not really the issue for me. I've actually got a Dell laptop on order with 17" screen, built in webcam, big memory and storage and all that. But then a friend got a Mac for Christmas and I went to the Mac store...I'm considering cancelling my order at Dell and getting the Mac Book Pro with the smaller 15" screen, but with the bigger memory and storage. It's more $$, but I just need somebody to tell me it's worth it!

help!
    Mel
    blog

I would only have a Mac ever only for my entire life, cross my heart etc. etc. Mac or nothing for me!

I'm a PC girl, but don't feel all that passionately about it (except that DH said he'd leave me if I ever bought a mac, or something along those lines ) but most Mac people seem pretty die-hard.

i have a macbook pro and an older mac desktop - LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them and will never go back! i can't even put into words why i love it so - it just seems like EVERYTHING about it is better ... for me, it's definitely worth it!
    dana
    creating for:
    the lilypad / sweet shoppe designs / one little bird / sahlin studio

Don't forget to get a student discount on the Mac, too. I am not anti-PC per se, but for creative work, it's Mac hands down.

Funny story… I got my mother an iMac a couple Christmasses ago, and my hardcore anti-Mac father rolled his eyes, but what do you know, a week later I get an email from my mother saying, "I'm writing from the Dell because your dad won't let me on the iMac!" I ended up getting Dad a PowerBook so Mom could have the iMac back.

MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC...seriously, I have to use a PC for a few minutes a day at work (only because the state medical board website will only work with Internet Explorer, what are they thinking?!?!?) and hate it. I love my Macs, a Macbook Pro at home and a Macbook at work.

I got a Macbook Pro about a year and a half ago and I love it. I can't wait for the desktop to stop working properly so I can justify the replacing of it with an iMac. I don't design scrap stuff on it, but I scrap layouts and edit my photos, well I do everything on it. It has served me just fine. I have the one with the 15" screen and think it's a great size - the 13" seems just a bit too small.

Good luck deciding.
    ..::Kelly::..

Happy to be creating for:

I have a Mac and just love it. I guess I've always been a Mac girl!! I had to work with a PC at work way back when, and it's not terrible, but my Mac is SO much easier to understand! I do all my scrapping/designing with it. I'd love to buy a laptop, though. I was dreaming about it in the shower this morning. Oh, the work I could do on-the-go!
    Kelleigh
    My store at The Digichick

I thought you were talking about my hubby

Quote Originally Posted by Charla View Post
    I'm a PC girl, but don't feel all that passionately about it (except that DH said he'd leave me if I ever bought a mac, or something along those lines ) but most Mac people seem pretty die-hard.

I'm definitely a mac convert, thanks to my DH. I would never swap back, EVER.