The DigiChick

Thread: moving...again

Little Miss Scissorhands Hanging with the Chicks! melwilson's Avatar

moving...again

It's been almost two years and now it's time for the Army to move us again. As soon as school is out, we'll be packing up and heading out. We just found out that it's going to be...Aberdeen, Maryland.

Anyone familiar? I've started looking for houses and schools. Looks like I might be going back to teaching full time...especially with the houses I'm picking out!

p.s. I'm in total freak out mode now. Obsessed with researching the good spots to live, schools, etc. As my 8 yo son would say..."it's controlling my mind!"
    Mel
    blog

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Best of luck to you, Mel I hope that everything goes well with the move & all the pre-move planning!

Do you remember Andrea Burns who used to be a designer here? She lives in Maryland. It's on the opposite side of Baltimore from Aberdeen, but perhaps she might be familiar with that area....I don't know.

Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! heathert's Avatar
    Oooh, I don't know how you can stand moving so often. I too moved every 3 years or more (14 times before I was 7!), but I have *had* it! *lol* I wish you a smooth transition!
    Heather
    =)

Good luck!

I was thinking about Andrea, too. You might shoot her a message through her blog...

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

I know nothing about the area but wanted to pop in and say good luck!
    snag me--->

Not all who wander are lost Administrator hollyinjapan's Avatar
    Mel, it must drive you crazy sometimes with how often the military moves you around. But at the same time you get to see soooo much of the country and the world.

I don't know that particular area, but I spent a little time in Maryland and DC years ago and absolutely loved the east coast region. Sooo full of historical places to visit and such a different culture than us cowboys from Colorado.

I hope you enjoy it.