The DigiChick

It's 2 pm and I haven't boiled the eggs yet . . .

What are the chances that we'll be hiding the dozen eggs that my friend had her kids and mine decorate yesterday instead of making a dozen more? We only have one kid. I'd say the chances are pretty good that I won't be making eggs today.

Of course, if we were, that would mean that I'd have to find the decorating set I bought a month ago and put in a safe place with all of the other things that are so safe that they cannot be found.
    Blessings, Stacey
    My Blog: This is the Stuff of My Life

Ham and eggs: a lifelong commitment for a pig and a day's work for a hen

ummm...I don't even think I have a decorating set this year. I'm a little behind too!

Creating for Disasterpiece Studios

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Pamie's Avatar
    I went out and bought the coloring set and everything and was ready to go, but forgot to buy the eggs! I had about a half-dozen left in the fridge so I boiled them up, and 4 of them cracked in the pot. So we have no colored eggs, and we had egg-salad for lunch.

Just a Baby Chick
    we have the eggs...and the kit....and they eggs are still safely raw in the fridge. it is 6:15 - so i am betting those eggs will be making their way into the egg pan in the morning and not into any pretty colors!
    -Danielle

lol No egg dying for us this year, either (though it could still happen tomorrow if I can find some eggs!).

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

We dyed eggs - - and have already eaten some.
    I wonder what other people's Easter traditions are or if we do it the "right" way. But, the Easter Bunny fills & hides plastic eggs around here.
    The real, boiled eggs are usually just for fun

I'd like someone to boil and peel the eggs for me for my beets and eggs. I started with 18 and ended up with 10 very ugly looking eggs in there!!!

Beets and eggs? Really?

I'll be boiling eggs to make deviled eggs for Sunday Dinner tomorrow. We hide and hunt plastic eggs. Yeah, hiding real boiled eggs in Florida . . . if one is missed . . . with the heat . . . oh, it's a very bad thing. LOL

Yeah, Cheryl. Same here in TX - and we usually have to be very selective about what goes in the plastic eggs. Chocolate melts too darn fast!

Quote Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
    Beets and eggs? Really?

I'll be boiling eggs to make deviled eggs for Sunday Dinner tomorrow. We hide and hunt plastic eggs. Yeah, hiding real boiled eggs in Florida . . . if one is missed . . . with the heat . . . oh, it's a very bad thing. LOL
    have you never done beets and eggs aka pickled eggs? (beets, eggs, vinegar in a container) - smear with some horseradish and salt and pepper to eat.....

At my parents' house, we have ham and a huge meal (lots of different versions of potatoes--we are Irish, after all), and we hide plastic eggs for the kids to hunt. We have to be careful about what we hide, too (in GA). I'm not there this weekend, though. So far this morning, we had the Easter bunny come. I went to mass last night for the Easter Vigil (which I LOVE) and DH went at 7am this morning. I'm about to start working and we'll do a little egg hunt with the girls as soon as I'm done. DH isn't a fan of ham, so we'll probably end up just doing a regular meal and not anything special. There's no point in doing a big roast, etc., just to be the only one eating it. lol

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!