The DigiChick

Queen of Unpacking Hanging with the Chicks! SunshineTK's Avatar

Possible Spoilers: Losties, what did you think?

I am just blown away. Seriously. What a beautiful ending to an amazing journey. I still need to go back and put some pieces together (the exact role of Widmore, Dharma's real purpose, etc.) but overall the whole story was just....wow.

Just hanging around... Hanging with the Chicks! jenn7's Avatar
    I'm a bit disappointed and still confused. I'm going to watch it again.

The I.T. Guy Hanging with the Chicks! Travis Seitler's Avatar
    Nicole and I just finished watching it on Hulu. I'm still processing... overall, it seems this was a strong nod to C.S. Lewis (specifically in how he ended The Chronicles of Narnia).

I dunno, I guess it feels a bit like a funeral. It was beautiful and gave a sense of closure, but there's a sort of mournful sadness mixed in. And like a funeral, that's what made it good.

I can imagine endings I would have enjoyed more, and there's certainly mysteries about the series that I'd love to have seen cleared up... but I don't think I could have asked for a better ending. Does that make sense?
    Travis Seitler, Site Admin and Trophy Husband
    Base Stats: STR [11] DEX [10] CON [7] INT [17] WIS [13] CHA [6]

"This looks like a job for... me!"

Scrapping Goddess Hanging with the Chicks! gonewiththewind's Avatar
    I agree with Travis. I'm sad. I've spent six years watching and getting to know these characters, and they are gone. So I feel like I've lost something and I'm a bit aimless this morning. Also, my eyes are swollen. Yes. I cried. Sobbed is more like it. But I can't imagine a better ending. All in all, I'm happy.

The I.T. Guy Hanging with the Chicks! Travis Seitler's Avatar
    Still, it looks like there's spin-off potential with "The Adventures of Number One and Number Two"!
    Travis Seitler, Site Admin and Trophy Husband
    Base Stats: STR [11] DEX [10] CON [7] INT [17] WIS [13] CHA [6]

"This looks like a job for... me!"

Queen of Unpacking Hanging with the Chicks! SunshineTK's Avatar
    The more I think about and process it, the more wonderful the whole thing was. I've been reading a lot of blogs and articles about it today, and it was so perfectly cyclical - they came to the island broken and miserable, and they formed these incredible bonds that led them to do wonderful things and forge unlikely relationships, then they were "redeemed" and able to live the lives they could have had, before joining together again. SOB!