The DigiChick

Thread: signature size

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! cherylzyx's Avatar

signature size

No rush, just when you have time to answer...

My signature file in PSE is 3 inches by 1.25 inches at 300 DPI and 206.4K. When I flatten it and save as a jpg for the web and for the size to be under 19K the image ends up blurry. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do you have any suggestions for making my sig picture small enough yet not blurry?

People say "It's the thought that counts, not the gift", but couldn't people think a little bigger? Hanging with the Chicks! jacinda's Avatar
    I have no idea how PSE works, but this is how I do it in PSCS3:

Design my siggie at 300dpi and flatten the image. Change the image size from 300dpi to 72dpi, and reduce the pixel width to around 400. Once that's done I sharpen the image using the unsharp mask option. Amount 84%. Radius 1.1 pixels. Threshold 4.

I then Save for Web.

Hope that helps. If not, hopefully someone who knows PSE can point you in the right direction.

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! cherylzyx's Avatar
    Thanks, Jacinda. I'm gonna go give it a try!

Hanging with the Chicks Hanging with the Chicks! lynnirene's Avatar
    oooh your siggy is adorable!! love the little kitty

Creating for: ViVa Artistry * Cluster Queen Creations
    My Gallery

Thanks, Jacinda!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Little Chickadee Hanging with the Chicks! reboscraps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylzyx View Post
    No rush, just when you have time to answer...

My signature file in PSE is 3 inches by 1.25 inches at 300 DPI and 206.4K. When I flatten it and save as a jpg for the web and for the size to be under 19K the image ends up blurry. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do you have any suggestions for making my sig picture small enough yet not blurry?
    I use PSE and I use File > Save for Web. That function automatically reduces it to 72 dpi, then I usually set the pixel width (over in the options at the right on this screen) at about 300 for a siggie. I've had good luck with that. I also save my siggie to my picasa account and insert it into the siggie area using the IMG code (insert image tool.) Since these end up being really low-res, I thing some fuzzy/grainy is inevitable. Yours is looking pretty good now, so not sure if maybe you have already done some fixing.