The DigiChick

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar

Is it too soon to talk Christmas??

I'm getting started on some handmade goodies for the girls for Christmas. I've got several projects in the works and I was wondering if anyone else was making stuffs for Christmas. I always love seeing what you gals are up to!

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    Well, yes it is but it's going to be here before we know it!!! EEK! Can't wait to see what you're up to.

Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! heathert's Avatar
    *grinch alert*

*lol*
    Heather
    =)

ha ha, Heather! We're going to be doing Christmas on the cheap this year, so I've gotta get an early start on making things.

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! cherylzyx's Avatar
    I love to make Christmas gifts. The way I look at, my family can all afford to go buy what they want - at least things in the price range that I could spend - so to really be a heart-felt gift I like to make them something personalized. I haven't decided yet what to do for this year.

I don't make Christmas gifts, but I have started my shopping!

Lovin' life! Hanging with the Chicks! peach3es's Avatar
    In my world it is never too early to talk Christmas! I haven't gotten any great inspiration for homemade gifts yet. I hope you all have some great ideas!

I do shop year round, though, so I've got lots of gifts bought. We give our kids 3 gifts each plus a stocking and I'm finished with one of our kids already! I bought my first Christmas gift in February.
    ~~Carrie Ann

Queen of cramming 30hrs into a 24hr day Hanging with the Chicks! wildblueeyez's Avatar
    bah humbug!

I still have back to school shopping to do (including about $100 worth of supplies - 1 1/2" 3 ring binders for each class, loose paper, etc.) so I don't even want to THINK about Christmas yet!

Last year I gave my sister a huge box of cards that I made - I'm sure she hasn't used all of them yet. She seemed to like the idea and the cards. I have a box of about 100 cards ready to give as a gift again this year. not sure who will get them

My kids are soooo hard to buy for - we live in an area with a lot of extremely wealthy people. we are typical middle class. we have months that are tight.

Not all who wander are lost Administrator hollyinjapan's Avatar
    Every year it gets harder and harder for me to get geared up for Christmas. And we don't even really do Halloween or Thanksgiving here so its not like I have the Holiday deluge to blame.

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! LeeAndra's Avatar
    I don't make things (that's why I'm digi!), but I look forward to seeing everyone else's things and shamelessly begging them to make me one, too, and promising to reward them for it and/or perusing Etsy for fun finds.

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    Oh, my... No--I am not ready for this conversation yet!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

People say "It's the thought that counts, not the gift", but couldn't people think a little bigger? Hanging with the Chicks! jacinda's Avatar
    Yes, it is way to early to be talking about Christmas. LOL. I have 2 kids birthdays to do before I think about that.

The thing that makes present buying hard for me, is that my kids don't really need anything. I'm beginning to lean toward giving them 'experiences' rather than 'things', then we can make families memories from it. e.g. Tickets to mini-golfing, a trip to the glow worm caves (Brooke has been itching to go there), a weekend away to a location of her choice etc.... She's 6, but she understands the value of those kinds of gifts. She'll still get some toys and new clothes though. As for Elisa (4) you can get her anything and she's happy.

So, we're a mixed bag around here, huh? I guess since the girls' birthdays are January & July, I'm eager to plan for the next big holiday

I'll keep you gals posted on what I make And, if you make something cool or see something that would make a great gift, do share!!

happy to be a chick Hanging with the Chicks! MariKoegelenberg's Avatar
    I am still trying to figure out what to do for Christmas cards...I want to do some handmade ones. I did them a few years ago and they were such a hit but waiting for inspiration to strike! As for making gifts I have been doing a lot of shadow boxes with the paper roses/lace diecuts etc. so easy and pretty! And walmart had a sale on their 12x12 shadow boxes ($7 each!) lol...painted a lot of frames that I got for only 99c (Usual Price 3.99) and need to decorate...maybe something like this:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...red-frame/?c=t

Love Wendy McKee!

[MKC Newsletter] [MKC TOU]

[The Cutting Files]
    - Revolutionary NEW Way to use your Digital Die-Cutter

Happy to create for
    [THE HYBRID CHICK] [THE HYBRID KID]

:swoon:
    That's gorgeous, Mari!

I'm looking forward to seeing some homemade goodies. I don't know what I'll do for Christmas yet, but I need to do something. Of course, my two oldest girls have birthdays before then.

I would really like to do some sort of book for the girls...something hybrid-y and fun. They will be 7 and 4 at Christmas (and Molly will be 18months...maybe a board book thing for her?).

Any ideas?

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

oooh, that's a gorgeous project! ...must resist temptation to buy cutting machine.....

I'm hoping that I can talk my family into buying me one for Christmas or my birthday. Of course, I also want a Smartphone, so that might take precedence.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Im trying to get some ideas for Christmas Cards now too. Plus have been cross stitching and getting ready for little gifts with those.
    ~Cheryl
    My Blog