Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards

Have you done them this year? What did you do this year? Did you scrap or stamp your own card? Or just send the usual Hallmark Goodness?

I'm so behind... I would love to scrap my own photocard, but I don't have a family pic and I can't imagine the work it would take to get everyone in one shot. But I do want to make a family letter with photos and things to send along with some cards. I just haven't started yet...

Encourage me! Tell me about your success. LOL!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

we didn't get a family pic this year either so I just used some pics of the kids from the fall and tried to make a fall kit look Christmasy... I actually really like it even though it's not your typical Christmas colors.

Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
    I did all paper / stamped cards this year - no digi at all! They are all different too, cause I get bored easily LOL

I did mine yesterday. I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but it's done and I'm probably the only one who will care about the flaws. It's really hard to find pix of us all, let alone all together. On the other hand, I have about a thousand sunset pix, LOL.

I still have to write "the letter." I made the mistake a few years ago of being very clever and entertaining and now I have to try to maintain that

I just bought cards at Hobby Lobby because they're 50% off. I always do an insert that's a play by play of what went on each month. A short sentence of the highlights for each month. I've gotten some good feedback on that and how much people like to read it. And it's easier to write than a paragraph letter.

I should totally do the one picture of all of us thing... That would be so much easier! LOL! Here's what I did in 2006:

I was soooo proud of myself! And I've spent the last 3 years kicking myself every Nov/Dec for not doing another one.

Quote Originally Posted by juliesouthern View Post
    I still have to write "the letter." I made the mistake a few years ago of being very clever and entertaining and now I have to try to maintain that

Where are you all having your cards printed off at? Home? Some place else?

I ordered mine from persnickety yesterday. I figured that would give me a nice time gap to gloat over having accomplished something without having to actually finish the project. Unfortunately I had an email first thing that they have already shipped... darn them and their efficiency!

ETA: Nicole, I love that card!

I'm doing this for the bulk of my cards. It is an idea from Family Fun magazine and using the kiddos fingerprints and googly eyes. Which omg are a nightmare if you do not get the pre sticky ones!
    This is the first year I am not doing a formal picture, but chasing around coordinating outfits for 4 kids just got to be too much. I decided to use a snapshot this year. More time for playing with the fun part of making the cards.
    Last edited by Sarygallag; 12-10-2010 at 01:53 PM.

Hehehe Sary! Here's one of mine this year:

Heather
    =)

that bird is gorgeous and so non traditional. I love stuff like that, but I just cannot come up with those ideas myself!

Hanging with the Chicks! jacinda's Avatar
    People say "It's the thought that counts, not the gift", but couldn't people think a little bigger?
    Sary, I love those thumbprint reindeer!

This is my year of being unorganised, so I don't have a family Christmas card. Not even going to send out a letter. My family know what we've been up to, and anyone else can check my blog and see my layouts. LOL. The beauty of facebook is that friends and family keep up to date with our goings on day by day. Not that I post a whole lot on there besides layouts, but hey...not a lot goes on in our family anyway. LOL!

This is our card - sent it out on Dec 1st because we have a lot of family who are Jewish and Hanukkah was early this year:

Everyone we know is online, and since I spend a fair amount of time updating my blog throughout the year, I just direct people there if they want to know what's up with us!

Our cards were 4x6 and I just stuck the fronts and backs together. Easy peasy!

Clever girls! I love all these ideas...

I think I might do a Happy New Year card this year. I still haven't taken a pic and I just can't get it all together.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

I just looked through all my pictures and to get a good pic of each of the kids, I had to go back too far in the year. So now I'm thinking I might get them all gussied up and take them outside for snapshots tomorrow. I don't know... we'll see how that goes. LOL!

Bonus: I found photos from Father's day that I didn't know I had! Yay! More scrap material.

There have been some years that I don't get a Christmas card sent. Usually I compensate by sending out a Valentine with a letter/pix but last year I didn't even do that. Last year was the terrible bad lowdown awful year for me, LOL.

This is a fun thread, glad you started it Nicole!

I say you should feel perfectly great about doing as much or as little as you want and not feel burdened by any of it. If you're not feeling the family picture thing, you could always do a "Year in Review" card and include a sonogram pic of your little bun in the oven.

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?
    I am hoping to get a picture this weekend... and then make my cards too... then Costco will print them! LOL! I've got high hopes I think!!!

Those cards are adorable...
    Love the 2006 one Nicole, cute pic!

Cute thumbprints too, Sary!

Tracy... I love how you did the front and back! Great idea!

Julie! I really like the idea of 4 separate pics.... We will see how my pics turn out this weekend, and I might go that route!

Heather T.... WOW that bird is stunning! Live that it is non-traditional!

Heather -- what a great card! i love the kit you used! Cute pics!

Creating for:Fiddle Dee Dee Designs, Scrap Orchard, Scrapping with Liz,
    Amy Stoffel, and Jennifer Labre Designs
    Writing Tutorials for the ScrapMatters Newsletter Team
    Visit my blog for tips, tutorials, layouts and typative chatter -- The Typative Scrapper

I send one out each year . . . this is the first year that I had a photo of the 4 of us and I didn't have to crop someone's head in from another photo. Last year and the year before that it was just a pic of me and Jay and then individual shots of Daniel and Olivia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast