The DigiChick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Honey, tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic Hanging with the Chicks! Danyale's Avatar

Talking Backspace...backspace

I hope I am not alone, but lately when I type...which I will admit to all of you know is really bad anyway...I am completely messing some words up! Being a Southern beach babe, I can really butcher me some words. I spend as much time backspacing as I do writing...wUT?!?!?!

Recently...location. Easy enough? nope...I wrote lactation. Really?

Not a word that has come out of my mouth for so many years I didn't realize it was even in head anymore. I work at deleting words out of my brain files I am not using anymore in order to make room for more.

I think I replaced it with falafel...?

Here are some of my every single day type issues:

Have? avhe
    The? teh
    PNG? ONG
    and pretty much anything in the "i before e" category

Am I dyslexic or what?

Do you have any words no matter how many times you type, they are mispelled when you first type them?

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    I often mistype thanks and type thnaks. And I type it a lot because I'm always sending emails to my clients and signing "Thanks, Donna".
    I also mistype paper a lot and type ppaer. I don't know why my finger wants to hit the second p before the a.

I know there are others but I can't think of them off the top of my head now.

who took my coffee cup? oh never mind here it is! Hanging with the Chicks! AnneofAlamo's Avatar
    i before e is my nemesis
    the word siloquete is only saved by silhouette (spell check)

I never know about a's or e's in seperate, I mean (SC) separate

and since I no longer vacuumn that one is no worries any more either.

There are more, but I use spell check as a habit, because I post a lot (oh and I always put alot as one word) on home school forums, and it is horrifying to misspell on them. Misspell being another wild pony in my corral.

~ Facebook~ My Blog ~
    Living life to the fullest!

I use Firefox, so it has the spell check built in, but OMG -- I would be in so much trouble if it didn't! Not because I don't know how to spell words, but because my fingers don't remember which letter to type.

Honey, tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic Hanging with the Chicks! Danyale's Avatar
    Oh yeah...spell check gets a work out for sure.

What I hate is when I have typed it so bad, that it does not even give you the right option!
    How come it does not know that foradw means forward?.....duh!

Quote Originally Posted by AnneofAlamo View Post
    There are more, but I use spell check as a habit, because I post a lot (oh and I always put alot as one word) on home school forums, and it is horrifying to misspell on them. Misspell being another wild pony in my corral.

Uh...I need to add that one to my list as well....I don't spelz them right neither.

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    I use Firefox, so it has the spell check built in, but OMG -- I would be in so much trouble if it didn't!
    I have trouble with these:

NIcole (I type too fast and catch the Shift key when I don't want it. I'm constantly having to retype my own name).

Just/Use (I will mean to say "use" and type "just" or vise versa)

Was/Saw (Same thing!)

And sometimes I'll re-read something I wrote and find that I mixed up a "what" with "want" or something like that.

But thanks to Donna, I'm good on the Lose vs. Loose issue now! OH, YEAH!
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! heathert's Avatar
    *lol* Nicole! I mistype Heather a lot too--often it's Heathe
    r

hehehe or the HEather, too.
    Heather
    =)

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    Haaaa!!! Good job on losing the loose problem.
    Sometimes I get my fingers off the keys a bit and instead of typing my name I type Dibba.

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    Anne, there's always "a rat" in separate. That has helped me lo these many years, LOL.
    The two words I always type wrong the first time are swirl and beautiful. So stupid, but I get swilr and beuatiful. And I'm bad about the caps spilling into a word, too because I'm leaning across my tablet to type (ok, and I'm lazy). I don't fix it very often I also have a bad habit of hitting the caps lock and eNDING UP WITH THIS.

Donna, I typed out a whole kit description once with my right hand in the wrong position. I was so disgusted when I finally looked!

That would be frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by juliesouthern View Post
    I also have a bad habit of hitting the caps lock and eNDING UP WITH THIS.
    Donna, I typed out a whole kit description once with my right hand in the wrong position. I was so disgusted when I finally looked!
    ....I have done this too...and I look at the keyboard while typing...wut?!

Scrapping Goddess Hanging with the Chicks! gonewiththewind's Avatar
    I for one never have any of these problems. LOL

I actually have the same ones lots of you have . . . beautiful, the, have, thanks.

Oh, I do KAt a LOT. And I hear ya on having your hand{s} in the wrong position -- srsly HATE that.

I used to have the hardest time typing while NOT looking at the keyboard. I worked as a Paralegal, and let me tell you--this is a skill I should have had! I had so many documents I needed to keep my eyes on instead.

Somehow over the last seven years, thanks to the internet, I finally mastered the art and I can keep my eyes off my fingers now! I'm so excited about that--let me tell you.

Queen of Chat Hanging with the Chicks! HeatherB's Avatar
    I drop the r on your a lot when I am typing. It makes me look like I haven't been educated.

For example, instead of "how are your parents doing?", I'll type, "how are you parents doing?". I sound like I watched Jerry Springer too often!

Creating for Disasterpiece Studios

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    THe one (see, I left that capital H in there so you all could point and laugh) that really gets me is I will type away and use the wrong "too" or "there" and I don't know why that happens. I can actually picture the correct one in my head and my fingers will type whatever they darned well please. And then I feel like Heather, as though I'm just one canned beer and a wedgie away from being Larry the Cable GUy.

Quote Originally Posted by juliesouthern View Post
    And then I feel like Heather, as though I'm just one canned beer and a wedgie away from being Larry the Cable GUy.

hee-hee...she said wedgie

I love you guys. Cheetos, ta-tas, wedgies. This has been sum goooood conversation lately! You make this place rock!

I am an English teacher and a writing tutor, and much of my career I've worked with Developmental Writers. There are some words that I have seen misspelled so many times that I often have to stop to wonder if I've spelled the misspelled word (frend) or the right word (friend). lol I also type fast, so sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my brain. I'm pretty good about rereading what I've written and self-editing, though, and I don't rely on spellcheck because it can't find a correctly spelled but misused word. For example, if I use form instead of from, spellcheck won't help me there.

But I'm an English geek. lol I promise I don't mentally edit online posts as I read them. It's a sickness, I tell ya!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast