The DigiChick

I LOST MY PHONE!

Yesterday I lost my cell phone! AAAARRRGGGHHH! I have no idea what happened to it, but it does not seem to be in the house at all, and when I tried to call it to find it, it went straight to voice mail. Luckily, I happened to have a back-up phone because I got a free one beta testing some software, so now I'm back in business.

Remember a scant few years ago when we didn't have smart phones, or even cell phones at all? HOW DID WE LIVE? I was freakin' out all day long without my phone.

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! jengerbread88's Avatar
    Argh! I hate that! I always seem to lose mine when it's dead... so then I can't find it! :/

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Hanging with the Chicks! Pamie's Avatar
    I can't imagine. Seriously, I would be lost. I don't even have a really smart smartphone, just an average smartphone, but without email and texting at my fingertips, I would cry.

Thank goodness you had a back-up!

who took my coffee cup? oh never mind here it is! Hanging with the Chicks! AnneofAlamo's Avatar
    I leave mine on purpose, hate it! keep trying to show the family I don't need it! lol

~ Facebook~ My Blog ~
    Living life to the fullest!

Anne, my husband does that. He says he just forgets it, but... we all know the real story!

I'm not as addicted to my phone as some people I have seen. Like my son, for instance. I was about to hit him with a stick last time he was here visiting me because he was just staring at the thing the whole time he was here!

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! jengerbread88's Avatar
    I was SUPER addicted to mine until I was in the hospital for a few days (heart failure, then BABY!) I was poked and prodded so much during that heart failure day that I was way too out of it to look at my phone, and once the baby was there, I honestly didn't care about anything but baby... once I got home, I just didn't really get back into the habit, and honestly, for the most part still haven't. 90% of the time, I don't even have my phone with me, and before that, I was never without it.

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well". Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    When my kids (the older ones) are out somewhere and I am worrying, like moms do, I often think that I can at least text them or call to check on them...hasn't been too many years ago that moms sent their kids off and just had to wait until they came back through to door (or called from somewhere) to know if they were safe.

I do love my phone and don't like to be without it. I always figure if something is going to happen to me it will be the day I forget my phone haha that somehow that increases my likelihood of having a breakdown or something.

I still remember getting my first "car" phone. I was pregnant with my oldest (who's 20) and taking classes at a community college about 45 min away at night. My ex and I decided it would be a good idea for me to have one just in case. It was one of the old bag phones, you know, the kind that had to stay plugged in to the car and you had to run the wire to the antenna with the magnet on the roof of the car hahaha I still have it here somewhere!

Now we have nothing but cell phones. We got rid of our land line phone probably about 5 years ago since we all had cell phones with free long distance and unlimited everything pretty much, just couldn't justify paying the monthly house phone bill.

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! Tiff's Avatar
    We have a little pre-paid phone, but it's only used when we travel. Day to day, we do not use any kind of mobile devices. I wonder if we'll change once Miller gets older and starts going to school and stuff.

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    I have a relatively dumb phone. Ok, maybe it's the operator. All I know is that I carry a phone for my convenience (in case I need help, LOL) but my family seems to think it's for THEIR convenience and yammer at me when I don't answer their every beck and call. However since they are all attached to theirs, I can feel your pain by extension, Andrea!

live, laugh, love, scrap. Hanging with the Chicks! designergirlscraps's Avatar
    i always misplace my blackberry. i'm forever saying "ugh, where is my phone?" and tearing things apart to find it. and half the time? it's somewhere obvious. like my purse. or on my desk.

i don't have a house phone, though. so it's my only phone. it never gets shut off, and i never go anywhere without it (i'm at school 8 hours from home.. it's my lifeline). i'd cry if i lost it. my mom would kill me if i lost it...

I became completely phone-dependent during Vince's deployments. I never know when he'll have the chance to call, so I have to have it around me at all times. That feeling carries over to when he's home, I just am not comfortable if I don't have my phone.

However, don't let that make me sound like the noble, all-suffering Army wife. I'm a big tech geek, love my gadgets. There is no lofty reason for me to have my iPad, but if I don't have it near me, I get a little antsy.

But.... damn, that thing is cool!!

I would be completely lost. I wouldn't know how to call anyone because I don't know any numbers. I wouldn't know how to get anywhere because I use the GPS all the time. I wouldn't be able to log in to forums because I log in 80% of the time from my phone. I would be like Gilligan on Gilligan's Island (except for not really like him because I'd be surrounded by people. But yeah, otherwise exactly like Gilligan. lol).

I have a handy dandy app on my phone: Where's my Droid? It'll do GPS and all that. You can go in on the web (I think...if I actually lose my phone, I'll have to figure out how to work it! LOL) and send a message to the phone that will turn the volume up (in case it's on silent) and call the phone. Or it'll do GPS if your phone has been left somewhere. Neato!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaboyer View Post
    There is no lofty reason for me to have my iPad, but if I don't have it near me, I get a little antsy.

But.... damn, that thing is cool!!
    Um, yeah, this. I do have to have the iP with me at all times in the house. And if I had 3G I'd probably lug it around out in the world, too.

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well". Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinead View Post
    I have a handy dandy app on my phone: Where's my Droid? It'll do GPS and all that. You can go in on the web (I think...if I actually lose my phone, I'll have to figure out how to work it! LOL) and send a message to the phone that will turn the volume up (in case it's on silent) and call the phone. Or it'll do GPS if your phone has been left somewhere. Neato!
    Love that app!! Use it all the time! I keep my phone on silent at work and always forget to turn the sound back up at home and often forget where I set it down LOL

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    I have a crappy little pre-paid phone from Target. I just use it when I'm out shopping. Or Travis uses it to tell me to come home from shopping.

Once I got an iPod Touch, I started wishing that I had an iPhone. I LOVE my iPod. It's always with me. Just not when I leave the house.
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! LivyBug's Avatar
    I have only thought I lost my phone once. It was last week. (I just got a phone about a month ago.) I was trying to text my mom after school and it wasn't in my bag, and I thought I either left it at home or someone stole it out of my bag!! After thinking for a bit about where it might be I remembered I left it in one of my teacher's rooms (she collects phones to take attendance). It scared me cuz I knew my mom and dad would be upset! I hope I never actually lose it.

I kind of want an iPhone, too, thanksverymuch iPad...

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! LivyBug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleseitler View Post
    I have a crappy little pre-paid phone from Target. I just use it when I'm out shopping. Or Travis uses it to tell me to come home from shopping.

Once I got an iPod Touch, I started wishing that I had an iPhone. I LOVE my iPod. It's always with me. Just not when I leave the house.
    I love my iPod too! It's with me a lot of times (unless I'm going somewhere without wifi). And I have a pre-paid phone from Target but it slides and has texting so I'm very happy to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by LivyBug View Post
    I have only thought I lost my phone once. It was last week. (I just got a phone about a month ago.) I was trying to text my mom after school and it wasn't in my bag, and I thought I either left it at home or someone stole it out of my bag!! After thinking for a bit about where it might be I remembered I left it in one of my teacher's rooms (she collects phones to take attendance). It scared me cuz I knew my mom and dad would be upset! I hope I never actually lose it.
    Livvy, my younger daughter lost her phone ( or dropped it in the toilet or other unhospitable places) so many times! Once it was stolen out of her bag at a football game while she was drum major at a big college game. I learned quickly just to get the insurance right away

Just call me a Ditzy Chick Hanging with the Chicks! ShabbyShaz's Avatar
    I have an iphone which is great for watching movies or playing games when I travel. But it gets very little use other than that. Hubby says I need one - and I am always getting in trouble for going out without it, not turning it on, or up loud enough to hear, or heaven forbid forgetting to charge it.

SO I guess I don't really need it. Mind you when I actually live in a country where I can get on the net or into my email with it that might all change.
    Sharyn