The DigiChick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    live, laugh, love, scrap. Hanging with the Chicks! designergirlscraps's Avatar

Color Challenge 9/7

Hey everybody! Ready for some fun with color?

I love color. For the past two semesters, I've had design courses where I was only allowed to work with black and white. Torture, I tell you, as someone who loves color. However, black and white can be so powerful, but so simple at the same time. And there's an elegance to them that sometimes color doesn't have.

So your challenge this week -insert drumroll here- is to create a layout using only black, white, and grey. No color, other than in your photo. Or you can be really ambitious and use a black and white photo. It'll be fun. You can either find a black and white kit in the shop, or you can desaturate the papers and elements in your scrapping program (if you have that capability). Karen Lewis has her Snapshots kit, which is awesome, and ViVa Artistry has their Snips & Scraps kit, with lots of great black and white elements- just don't use the yellow things.

Fun, right? It'll be fun, trust me.

Here's my layout. I love these photos, but they make me miss my nana <3

I used the "Snapshots" kit by Karen Lewis

I also used a template from "Gimme Layers Lite Vol 3" by Cluster Queen Creations.

Ready? I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

Here’s the fine print:
    • You must use at least 75% Digichick Goodies on your layout to qualify for points.
    • When you’ve finished your layout, come back to this post and leave a comment with a link to your layout. (Feel free to use our open gallery here at the Digichick if you need a place to upload your layout. We even have a spot just for challenge entries!)
    • You will earn 1 Point for participating in this challenge.
    • For more information about our Chickie Points System, please see this thread here.
    • The deadline for this challenge is September 30th.
    Last edited by designergirlscraps; 09-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.

This will be a challenge...I'll give it a try.

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! jengerbread88's Avatar
    Oh, man! I love this! I just recently did an all-white layout, so I'm excited for the challenge of this one.

i can't wait to see your layouts, ladies!

Just call me a Ditzy Chick Hanging with the Chicks! ShabbyShaz's Avatar
    I need to find just the right photo for this one. I really like the black and white contrast.

I love both those kits, just fabulous - and this one also has some awesome black and white goodies from Quirky Twerp

Just leave out the teal.
    Sharyn

Chatty Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! lorryfach's Avatar

Baby Chick Hanging with the Chicks! RaePulver's Avatar

Here is my layout..... as I look at it, maybe I should have desat'ed the cream color in the Snapshots kit to make is a pure white?

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! sjdahlblom's Avatar
    This was fun. I usually use so many vibrantly colored papers, I had quite forgotten how much effect you can achieve with the b/w colorscale.

So, here is my layout. I chose to keep the photo in color, to accent the black and white papers. I used the Grey Skies AddOn to Amanda Heimann's Rainbow Connection Kit, which I got in a Grab Bag earlier this summer.

look at all the talent! i love the layouts, ladies! thanks for participating!

@ sharyn - thanks for the link to that kit! i didn't even see it in the shop. (:
    @ RaePulver - nah, the cream is fine. (: looks awesome!

Just call me a Ditzy Chick Hanging with the Chicks! ShabbyShaz's Avatar
    These are awesome layouts!! Love how we can all even make b&w look so different.
    Sharyn

Here is mine for the black and white color challenge....everything used is from the Digichick store

awww, i love those photos, victoria! lovely layout!

thanks for the challenge!! It was a fun one here's mine

Life.Is.Good! Digital Creative Chick Donnatopia's Avatar
    I love black and white and I loved this challenge. Here's mine

Little Chickadee Hanging with the Chicks! lindakvist's Avatar
    I never, ever scrap black and white... Until now...

beautiful layouts, ladies! i love how everyone has taken a different approach, and there are so many different themes (:

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! alamama's Avatar
    i didn't really want to do, since i wasn't sure i'd like the outcome of having no color, BUT i am glad i did. i really like the way this turned out!

i don't know why that black patch is at the top. is wasn't there until i saved it.

it's so pretty! thanks for playing along, even if it was a tough challenge to think about at first (:

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! jengerbread88's Avatar
    If this one doesn't count because of my pop of yellow, let me know, and I'll go upload it without...

Annnnndddd... since the yellow doesn't count, the original layout without.

Last edited by jengerbread88; 09-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast