The DigiChick

Blogging Ettiquette

I am fairly new to blogging and am totally addicted!

I spend a lot of time reading blogs of people I admire and then reading all the blogs on their list of people they admire!!! I just love it!

But I was just wondering on a few points of ettiquette....

Firstly is ok to just link to someone elses blog that you admire when you stumble across it or should you ask them if it's ok first? I hadn't though about it till recently and I already have a growing list of blogs on my 'admiration' list but now I am wondering if I should have asked before including them??

Also if I want to talk about a designer I admire on my blog and show off some of their work should I also ask and get their permission first?

I guess I was so excited and into blogging when I first started I didn't stop to think about any of these things so I may have inadvertantly done the wrong thing....

So anyone with tips and tricks to 'stay nice' in the blogging world please let me know

Kate
    kate

My blog....

I've never had anyone ask if it was okay to add me to thier list of blog links and vice versa. I have never had anyone ask me to remove thier link from my blog...I think most bloggers actually are flattered when they see people linking to them.

As far as talking about designers on your blog...go for it! You might want to send them a link to your post about them just so they can see how much you love thier work.

I can't imagine a designer EVER being upset that you mentioned them in their blog, lol! They would LOVE it!

I don't think it's necessary to ask someone before you add their blog link to your list... it's a public site, public knowledge IMO.

Same here~ if I came across your blog and saw my link on it... I'd blush to my toes with excitement! I don't think its aproblem at all for anyone!

I don't think anyone would/should be upset if you link to their blog. I mean, the point of a blog is for someone to read it, yes? Go for it! (And my blog is in my siggy! ) Just kidding!

Your blog has the coolest title ever! I love it!

Thanks everyone... I was thinking exactly along those lines until a friend 'asked my permission' to include a link to my blog the other day... ofcourse I was wrapped... why anyone would want to read my ramblings or look at my designs is something beyond me but part of why I blog is to share... but then it got me thinking and since I am such a worry wart I was a fraid perhaps I'd made some giant netiquette blinder and not realised!

*phew* glad I haven't!

And you can be sure I spend a lot of my time linking to blogs in peoples sigs from here when I should be scrapping or designing or even looking after my children!

Oh and thanks Ange - picklebums is the name we call our twin girls all the time and it sort of 'fits' us all on many levels

Kate
    kate

My blog....

I have never asked before hand but I do usually try to let designers know when I have given them a shout out! They seem to like knowing!
    Rachael Giallongo **
    Blogging at RachaelGiallongo.com