The DigiChick

My mischief is only intermittently managed. Hanging with the Chicks! dawnfarias's Avatar

I feel so naughty!

I have been trying hard to stay off the computer until later in the day. We are a homeschooling family and I find that our day gets off on the wrong foot once I crack open my laptop, no matter how stealthily, before the kids wake up. Now, I don't mind keeping up with things on my phone at this time and throughout the day b/c I know I will just be a reader only and not a do-er b/c of the aggravation level involved in long responses on the phone.

But this morning my phone was dead so I ever so guiltily opened my laptop to do the rounds: email, FB, Twitter and forums. And now I have children waking up to my back and me saying "just a minute!" and frustration levels in general are beginning to blossom. Ah well, it IS Friday after all.

Mischief managed Digital Creative Chick cardinalskate's Avatar
    Sometimes we try to so hard to stay away, but we just can't do it! I know I can't! I'm at work right now, and totally shouldn't be cruising the forums, but I.can't.stop.

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Hanging with the Chicks! Pamie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalskate View Post
    Sometimes we try to so hard to stay away, but we just can't do it! I know I can't! I'm at work right now, and totally shouldn't be cruising the forums, but I.can't.stop.
    Yes, this. And my iPod Touch is all wonky and probably dying so stealth cruising is becoming increasingly difficult. *sigh*

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnfarias View Post
    And now I have children waking up to my back and me saying "just a minute!" and frustration levels in general are beginning to blossom. Ah well, it IS Friday after all.
    Oh, I NEVER go through this. And I certainly didn't do it this morning! Not me!

It is Friday after all... we don't do much on Fridays so that we can all have a play day.
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

My mischief is only intermittently managed. Hanging with the Chicks! dawnfarias's Avatar
    It is Friday after all... we don't do much on Fridays so that we can all have a play day.
    Yep, us, too. We are starting playtime a little bit earlier today, actually. It's only 12:30 and we're all retiring to our separate media addictions. I've got coffee on, a fresh bottle of sugar free hazelnut creamer in the frig, laundry that's totally caught up on (you, know, until tomorrow) and healthy people all around. Oh yeah, and I've switched into my soft, cuddly yoga pants.

Put a fork in me cuz my domestic and educational industriousness for today is done. On to designing!

Chatty Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! tanyariley's Avatar
    Well maybe start Thanksgiving break early lol
    Tanya
    Twitter | Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+
    Creating for: Stolen Moments and GeniaBeana Scraps

Tanya - no enabling!

We're a homeschooling family, too. It's so easy to get lost online. I try to limit myself in the mornings, too. I feel terrible when my girls are in the homeschool room waiting on ME so that we can begin our day.

We have easy days on Fridays, too. I think that's sometimes the only way I survive the week

This thread is making me want to homeschool again! I miss the days when I had the freedom of choosing our schedule and opting for an early fun day on fridays!

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well". Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    If I could cruise around at work I totally would sometimes when I have a little down time hahaha. But working in a school, all forum access is blocked...I guess that's a good thing LOL But I do have my phone I can use to peek in places shhhhh