The DigiChick

Thread: Design advice!

Question Design advice!

I designed my grad invites, and I would love a few ideas about it. I'm looking to keep it looking classic and timeless, but with a youthful flair...if this is indeed possible. I've played a lot with the fonts...I didn't want the announcement to seem like any other run-of-the-mill announcement, but I also didn't want it too cluttered.

Since I have yet to perfect my uploading skills, it is posted here: http://brittgallery.blogspot.com

Suggestions? Comments? I welcome any and all help!
    Blessings on your day!

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! AndreaBurns's Avatar
    I Like it! Looks very classy and upscale!

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! AndreaBurns's Avatar
    I was just browsing your blog! You should be uploading that stuff! All super LO's!!!

I agree! I like it just the way it is
    Nikki Painter
    ---------------
    My Blog

Proudly Creating for Holly McCaig, Paula Duncan and Janet Phillips

Digi Chick STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! noralong's Avatar
    Wow! George Fox! YEAH!!!!! I am also an Oregonian, and have had many close friends and family go GF! Good for you! And, I like the announcement, too! Good job!
    My sorry, sorry Blog

ChristineS
    Guest Unregistered / Not Logged In
    I *love* it, but nothing about it seems as youthful as maybe you are going for since you mentioned that. My suggestion would be a more playful (but not too cute!!) paper....maybe something just plain funky. I do like it a lot how it is, but the feeling I get from it is very formal.

Oh this is lovely! I love the classic clean look! Well done!
    kate

My blog....

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! HilaryG's Avatar
    Congratulations on your graduation!

I love the invitation. My only advice would be to cut down on the words. Instead of "with a bachelor of science in elementary education," I would just put "Bachelor of Science" and then "Elementary Education" on the next line. You want those important words to stand out!

Hilary

I think you did a great job on it. It looks very classic. However, I think the black combined with the leafy background makes it look more formal and a wee bit somber.

Your other LOs on your blog are really great too. I love your simple clean style.

**Creating for Lisa Whitney, Jacque Larsen, and Sweet Shoppe Designs**

Chatty Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! Leila's Avatar
    I love the invitations, though I have to agree that they don't really say "classic and timeless, but with a youthful flair". They're simply classic. Personally, I'd move away from a swash font (you used Freebooter Script, right?) to something more feminine and youthful--perhaps Mary Helen JF or if you want fancier, Scriptina (just make sure you correct the kerning issues if you do use that one!).

Creating for:
    Heather Roselli, Libby Pritchett, CT Lead for Cluster Queen Creations

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar
    I agree with most of the comment, the invite is beautiful but quite classic! It's maybe the black colour: have you tried another dark colour, like very dark purple or burgundy? It would still be simple and classy, but less "sad" than plain black (black alone makes me think to funeral, but I love it with other colours!)

By the way, your LOs are gorgeous, I hope you'll find a way to upload them, everybody should have the chance to watch and be inspired!

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! abbysmommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HilaryG
    My only advice would be to cut down on the words. Instead of "with a bachelor of science in elementary education," I would just put "Bachelor of Science" and then "Elementary Education" on the next line. You want those important words to stand out!

Hilary
    It's beautiful, Brittany! I think you did a fabulous job. I agree with Hilary here. You definitely want those important words to stand out. That's the only change I'd make.
    ~Amy~

Check out my gallery: Click me!

AUGH! I forgot that I didn't subscribe to the forum...and now I see sooo many comments!! Thanks for the feedback! I've done a second re-design with some of Ronna Farrer's brushes....now I've got all sorts of new ideas floating around.
    <>< Brittany
    it's my blog, yo