The DigiChick

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Valgal's Avatar

We adopted a cat today!

Eden and I went to the animal shelter yesterday 'just to look' (not the Humane Society, but the acutal Animal Control). John and the kids have been begging me for about a year now for a cat. We already have a dog and have had bad luck with cats in the past.

So a kiity 'found us' yesterday and I just couldn't get the image out of my head of her (only yesterday I thought it was a 'him', lol!) in that nasty kennel. So we went and picked her up this afternoon.

I'll post some pictures later... but she's really tiny and cute and needs fattening up. She keeps sneezing so I think I'll need to get her to the vet asap. Just had to share... we're excited!

That's so fun!!! I'm so glad she "found" you!!!

Little Chickie Hanging with the Chicks! Krista's Avatar
    Awww. She sounds cute! Have you named her yet? Gonna show us a picture? Er, I guess it would be a scrap page of her! LOL

awww...sweet! :-) Going "to look" at any sort of shelter is always my first mistake, too. lol

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Valgal's Avatar
    Well, I'm too tired to post a photo tonight. Today was such a CRAZY day and I'm wiped. But, she is sooooooooooo sweet! She is curled up on the back of the couch, right behind me, dead asleep (I think she had a long day too, lol!), and if I sit up she is going to fall because she has all her weight on my back. Cute!

Definately has some type of kitty cold or something. Has been sneezing a lot and even has some 'stuff' bubbling out of her nose as she's sleeping (pretty gross, eh? Aren't you glad I shared?). Eden, my 3 year old, even ran and grabbed her a tissue and WIPED HER NOSE, lmao! Very cute stuff going on around here.

Ha! Now her little paws are all wrapped up in my hair. This is freakin' adorable and no one is here to see it.

Ok, I'll quit talking about the cat.

Dude! Check out my title. Hanging with the Chicks! rh_scrapbooker's Avatar
    Valgal,

It definitely sounds like an "Upper Respiratory Infection" - our last cat came down with a cold less than 24 hours after we took her home from the Humane Society (all three of our cats are Humane Society cats).

Post pictures ASAP - I wanna see. I understand you're tired tonight though....I am such a cat person. Grew up with cats since I was about 7, I've never had a dog.

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Rynonut Mom's Avatar
    Awwww Val - there's just nothing like some good kitty love! She's so happy that she found you!

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar

Wink

This is sooooooo cute, it reminds me from my own cat when he came to our home! Bidule was about 6 weeks old and we took him from my SIL's cat who had babies. He was so small my boyfried Guy could hold him in his hand. Now he's much bigger (he eats a lot....) and he turned from a cute tiny thing to a tornado that turns the house upside down... but I love it anyway, he's so funny!

PS: I know, it's time for me to have a baby, I speaks about him as if he were a child....... Sorry:embaresse! Lol

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Laura_A's Avatar
    Ya'll need to stop this right this minute! You're making me acke for a kitty again. Joe is my very 1st dog... until then I'd always had cats. Jaime and I had 3 very spoiled babies before we had real live, human babies. LOL I sure miss those cats.

Val, can't wait to see the pics... and OMG is that tiny little baby not the cutest thing ever Chloe?!

I cant wait to see pics, she sounds adorable! Ive been wanting to add another kitty to our family, we tried this fall and it was not good, now DH is against the idea entirely. Hope she gets over her cold quickly.
    Lynds

::Blog::Gallery::

We adopted a kitten last week. He totally scammed us - we nicknamed him "Mr Smoochy Pants" because he was so smoochy and calm but after a day of sleeping and eating he turned into a little bird chasing, slipper eating, curtain climbing ball of energy!

crazy busy chick Hanging with the Chicks! thequeenofquirk's Avatar
    oh vall!! how adorable!!! you have to post pics for us soon!! i love pets! i just don't want any of my own! LOL...so i like to gush over other people's! hee hee

now you have to make a kitty kit!

president, songbird avenue, inc.
    digital designs at twopeasinabucket.com