The DigiChick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody else crochet? Or what other crafts do you do?

I am suffering from some weird deja vous right now, because I feel like there was a thread like this here before. But whatever, if so, here's another one, right?

When Vince came back, my creativity, which had seriously been on hold, just exploded big time! So right now, not only have I been scrapping again, but I'm also cross stitching a sampler, and I'm crocheting a scarf. I'm loving my scarf, I'll have to share some pics of it. It's a groovy loops-type pattern. I guess I made the stitch up, but it's sort of like this one.

Anyway, what other crafts do you all do?

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! judet's Avatar
    I crochet a bit - tend to start things then not get them finished in time for the relevant season . I found a cloche hat I want to do this morning, think I've got some suitable wool already. Technically, I can knit but I'm not very good/fast and don't tend to do much

I learnt to sew this year, have made a few skirts for me and a few dresses for my girls. Got a good book about fitting for christmas, so I'm going to have a bash at some tops/dresses for me this year, and maybe some curtains and some other home decor projects. I also made a couple of handbags too.

I love making jewellery too, so much fun - really enjoy making wire-work stuff. Should take some pics of my endeavours probably!
    :: Jude ::
    : Creating for : The Digichick :
    : Kate Hadfield : Kim Jensen : Tickled Pink Studio : Amy Wolff :
    : My Gallery :

You remind me of the babe Hanging with the Chicks! teachermom_Rach's Avatar
    I just learned how to crochet earlier this month and have a scarf that's almost finished! (Not sure how to finish it off when I get there, but I'm sure there are videos on YouTube I can follow.) I tried knitting a few years ago, but as a lefty, I couldn't make my brain mirror what my right-handed mom was showing me. With crochet I was able to flip it right away and then it was just a matter of making it feel natural. I got a couple skeins of new yarn and some pattern books for Christmas, so the next challenge will be to follow a pattern while I crochet.

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    I crochet too! I've always stuck to blankets because my gauge is WAY too tight, but I"ve branched out and started doing hats.

I'm having a BLAST!!! (yeah, I know the ear flaps are too short. I need to rip out the last bit and re-do it but that's NOT a strength of mine )

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    I used to crochet, but it was very simple stuff - mostly granny squares. I used to do it when I watched tv, but now an ipad sits on my lap instead, LOL. From granny squares to plants vs. zombies... there's probably a visit to a therapist in there.

Honey, tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic Hanging with the Chicks! Danyale's Avatar
    Ooooh, crochet, I wish! It is on my bucket list, but I have done cross-stitch for years and years. I think since high school, ack! How cool was I? Bwahahahahahahaha!

I think I am inspired by what some of what you are saying though, so maybe I will start this next year....

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    I think I have tried everything at one point or another, I did crochet a lot for many years, but haven't done any for at least the last 5 years. Right now I mostly make cards.

Mischief managed Digital Creative Chick cardinalskate's Avatar
    I just recently learned to crochet and really enjoy it. I used to counted cross-stitch A LOT, but I haven't done it since I had my DD. I'm actually going through my closet right now to give all my cross stitch stuff to a co-worker of mine.

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together Hanging with the Chicks! vivie's Avatar
    I crochet but haven't for a long time...i sew also, still do. I make a lot of my own clothes and curtains and whatever is needed. I can't knit. don't know why, i attempted many times. I also make jewelry, love beaded and wired ones. I used to quilt, cross stitch, battenburg lace making, and many other textile type crafts. Also calligraphy and anything with paper including bookmaking. Anything with fabric and paper I've tried....computers and photoshop stuck though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vivie View Post
    I can't knit. don't know why, i attempted many times.
    Same here! I don't know why, but I'm just a big spaz with the needles, I can't keep them under control! My mother is a champion seamstress, a multi-blue ribbon quilter, and knits cables in her sleep, but I can't really do any of that. She did, however, teach me to cross stitch and that stuck. Also, she and my grandma Atha taught me to crochet, but I never really "got" it till I was pregnant with my daughter Atha.

This is really nice: After my grandma Atha died, my mother gave me the squares she was making for a granny square afghan. She had dementia really badly at the end, and apparently, crocheting was one thing she never forgot. Well, I took them and I finished the afghan. I love that it's something we did "together."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_fullxfull.232039907.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	1631I want to make one of these for Walter.

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! sjdahlblom's Avatar
    I'm a multi-crafter. I sew, crochet, knit and cross-stitch (and scrapbook). I am very much a period-crafter though... I can go months and years not doing one or the other, and then I will have a surge of inspiration and really really go for one of them. I recently learned crocheting, first amigurumis and then hats and scarves. I have knitted a hat for my son every fall since he was born. I have recently ordered a cross-stitch present-calender intended to be ready for next christmas.
    When the baby was born I was determined to have him in cloth diapers, home-sewn, and yes I managed to have the first ones ready when he came, but then... They are cut, just waiting to go through the sewingmachine... *rolling eyes*

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    Before I got a computer I sewed a LOT. It was my creative outlet. Since getting a computer I've sewn curtains mostly. Some pillows. A couch slip cover. I just don't have a good place to set up my sewing machine right now. I suppose I COULD make room here in my computer room but I can't see that happening! Haaa

I rock the inspiration! Digital Creative Chick azrood's Avatar
    I spent most of October & November on a wild crafting kick. I had so much pent up creative energy that I was making jewelry, hair accessories, stamped metal pet tags and pet collars galore. I had so much stuff that my friend and I teamed up and held booths at a couple of holiday craft shows (he does photography) and I started an Etsy shop so I ended up selling most of it thank goodness. I kinda got it out of my system for now, but it's only a matter of time before the crafting bug finds me again.

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well". Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    I've done a little bit of a lot of things haha I did cross stitch a lot when I was young and learned to crochet and knit a little. For a while I made baskets out of fabric strips and I've made some cute scarves and things out of old t-shirts. Seems like since kids and scrapping, the other stuff just kind of fell by the wayside. I'm always finding lots of inspiration, and then something happens to the time LOL

Queen of chaos Hanging with the Chicks! Nathalie's Avatar
    I remember at school I used to hate knitting and crocheting and I would do homework in exchange for the knitted or crocheted piece. Lately though I have seen some lovely pieces and wish I could crochet! Can somebody teach me?

Behind me I have a huge shelf full of beads, wires and pieces for jewellery, there is an unfinished project on my board using swarowski crystals in pink. I haven't touched that in... ugh, do I really have to write that... painful: 1-2 years???

Then I love to paint and draw. Last week I finished three canvases I also started ages ago. Nothing complicated, they all have the same gradient: green-white-blue and showcase jumbled words ( I looove typography!): Live, Family and Love. They are now hanging on the wall next to the couch.

My husband agreed to buy me a superduper sewing machine (Bernina) years ago - mind you I cannot sew. I have made us some hats for winter and since then... it is hidden in the cupboard. I need to make curtains and pillows for the house. We have 18 windows and doors we need curtains for. The ones that are hanging there are sooo ugly, they make me shudder! But time... and I am afraid to stuff it up, so I don't even start

I used to digiscrap, but since I started designing and studying full time that simply stopped. I do miss it, I still have soo many photos to scrap, albums I started. Don't think I ever get them done

I also have done a couple of hybrid projects, love playing with paper, glue, ribbons and (grinning at Laura ) glitter!

Does anybody think I need some serious help?!?! le sigh...
    Nathalie - eNKay Design

My living room has its own time zone. Hanging with the Chicks! Lena Gardner's Avatar
    Everything?

LOL

I knit, crochet, cross stitch, paint, general craft, sew, quilt, hell I've even made furniture.

But I don't make jewelry. Waiting for Jaime to teach me.

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! inkspots's Avatar
    I can knit, but can't crochet. I try, but it just doesn't work. I'm currently working on a scarf that I'll be donating to the tsunami victims. My knitting group has been making warm things to send up north and we've even gotten donations from the states and New Zealand!

I can sew a little, very little. I have an unfinished t-shirt quilt on the bed. Love paper crafts. Would LOVE to learn to make paper/cardboard furniture. It's a Korean thing that my friend learned, but moved before I was able to learn. She's made all sorts of cool stuff from cardboard.

Andrea, that's a beautiful story with your grandma. In my grandma's last years, she quilted with the other ladies in the home and the staff was really impressed with her skill. It's funny, because I didn't even knew she quilited. I guess her stitching was rather meticulous. She taught me to knit and tried to teach me crochet.

Ultimate Super Star Hanging with the Chicks! nicoleseitler's Avatar
    I knit. I loooooove to knit. But here in FL, I don't find much use for it.
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

You remind me of the babe Hanging with the Chicks! teachermom_Rach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gette3 View Post
    I have done cross-stitch for years and years. I think since high school, ack! How cool was I? Bwahahahahahahaha!
    This. Me!! I used to use cross stitch as my creative outlet, before I started scrapbooking. I had to stop though because I was having a harder and harder time seeing the stitches. Working in not the best light, at the end of each day, was wreaking havoc on my eyes. And I was lonely...needed a more social hobby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast