The DigiChick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My brother had a 12 by 12 photobook printed by Costco using vacation/cruise photos. He is not a scrapbooker. He used the on-line software and dropped his photos into the program. It was his first time using a "photo creation" software. He would have liked more options with adding the text to his pages.
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to drop our premade digital LO's into their software for getting the photobooks ordered.
    He was pleased with the colors and quality of the printed book, and turnaround time was excellent.

Thank you for this thread, Laura!

I used Shutterfly several years ago for both prints and photobooks. I was not happy with the colors at all. Since then, I've been using Blurb for books and Persnickety for prints. I have various sizes of different projects and I am happy with them all! (Blurb's standard paper weight is a bit light but I'm too cheap to pay for the premium option! I settle, and it works well for my purposes.) Blurb always cuts less off the margins than their template indicates; Persnickety, though, does the best at saving the edges!

I'd love to find a quality, affordable company that offers 10x10 books... the perfect size! I need to research some of the options listed above (many are new to me).

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineU View Post
    Thank you for this thread, Laura!

I used Shutterfly several years ago for both prints and photobooks. I was not happy with the colors at all. Since then, I've been using Blurb for books and Persnickety for prints. I have various sizes of different projects and I am happy with them all! (Blurb's standard paper weight is a bit light but I'm too cheap to pay for the premium option! I settle, and it works well for my purposes.) Blurb always cuts less off the margins than their template indicates; Persnickety, though, does the best at saving the edges!

I'd love to find a quality, affordable company that offers 10x10 books... the perfect size! I need to research some of the options listed above (many are new to me).
    Let us know if you find a good 10 by 10 printing site. I love the 8 by 8 for Lo's with only 1 photo and not much journalling, but prefer a larger size for the Lo's with lots of photos or journalling.

MyPicTales does have 10x10 in Standard and custom hard backs and also with wire binding. You might want to check them out. And currently, MPT is running a challenge promo with fantastic prizes HERE.

http://www.thedigichick.com/forums/s...ary-Challenges

Hmmm, the books I got through Persnickety were 10 x 10. It IS a great size!

I've had 8x8's printed at Costco and loved them. I have also had a wedding album done at Mixbook, quality was good, but it wasn't quite what I expected size wise.

I've also read that Scrapping Simply is a sister site to Jessica Sprague.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyinjapan View Post
    Yes, Julie, that was my biggest issue too! The colors were way darker than what I saw on my screen. I guess that it was poor (complete lack thereof) screen to print calibration on my part.
    I heard this explained as--looking at your images on a backlit monitor is like holding a photo print up against a sunny window, everything will look brighter. I *try* to remember to lighten everything just a bit more than I think it needs so that when it's printed it'll look about right.

I have ordered photo prints from Persnickety (if I have enough to feel like the $5 flat shipping is worth it) and always get my books from Shutterfly. I've been almost completely happy with S'fly. If I wanted to spend more I'm sure there are places with even better quality but for the price I've been more than satisfied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12