Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chick Suport January 21-27

It's a new week! Great to see everyone still sticking it out. I have visions/fears of come a few months from now, I'll be the only one posting on this thread. LOL

Yesterday was a big day for me, I gave the treadmill another try. Last time, I got motion sickness! I'm happy to say I survived although I was a bit woozy afterward, just not as bad as I remembered from before. I knew I'd have to try it sooner or later though so the weather wouldn't become an excuse not to exercise. I think I may have been holding on too hard though, as my shoulders are sore today.

Almost reached a big milestone too, I'm .2 pounds away from beating 200! There should be no excuse for making it this week and I'm hoping it'll be the motivation I need to eat better this week too. Didn't do so well last. I think it's probably been three years since I've been below this mark so I'm excited. It also gives me about three weeks to lose the five more pounds I want before hubby comes home for R&R!!!

Yay for surviving treadmill sickness! And double yay to reaching the big milestone, it's terrific!! You're doing a great job!!

I'm determined to work more intensely on my health and to show RESPECT (my OLW) to my body. On January 31st I have my frozen embryo transfer and I want to trust my body and treat it as it deserves to be treated. I'm sure that part of my infertility issues is that I don't think my body can "work properly", and I'm sure nourishing it and treating it like a friend instead of like an enemy would improve this. It's only a part of the issue, but when you know how important the psychological aspect of infertility is... On that note, I'm off to get dressed and take my doggy for a long walk, I want to get some fresh air!

ETA: I think I just put into words something I had in me without being able to "say" it... Wow! I see a LO coming!
    Last edited by chloe; 01-22-2012 at 05:37 AM. Reason: I had a revelation! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I want to trust my body and treat it as it deserves to be treated. I'm sure that part of my infertility issues is that I don't think my body can "work properly", and I'm sure nourishing it and treating it like a friend instead of like an enemy would improve this.

ETA: I think I just put into words something I had in me without being able to "say" it... Wow! I see a LO coming!
    Yes, Chloe! Beautifully said. Those "Aha!" moments are awesome.

I'm gonna play some Just Dance with the kiddo today. Hubby's off at the shooting range, so it just us here today. I'm gonna *try* to not sit on my but all day. Been cleaning and trying to get up and down.

Weekends are tougher for me because I'm way less active. I can spend the whole weekend in the house just because I don't have to go out for work, so even though I have more time to exercise or do something productive, I waste it! Gaaaaaah! At least you could hope that I would pick up the house, but no such luck... so far!

I just got back from the gym...treadmill 4 days in a row. Stepped on the scale on Friday to find myself down 1 lb -- I'll be happy if I can lose 1 lb (or 2) a week for now. I had hoped to lose a little faster, but I'll take what I can get. This week may be a challenge due to DH's schedule, I am going to have to fit working out during different times of the day. The pilates DVDs will probably also get a good rotation, as it's easier to pop that in when I have a free half hour, as opposed to waiting til he gets home.

I agree, Chloe and Kate...weekends are hard. In this house though, it's when DH is home! The kids keep me busy otherwise, but when he is home, we all just like to sit together and do nothing. Gona have to keep myself moving today through Wednesday (his days off).

Hanging with the Chicks! amanda heimann's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice but what I really need are minions
    WTG ladies!

Rough weekend around here but it is almost over! Since losing weight my cycle has been horrible. I kinda holed up in my bedroom and office all weekend. Tomorrow I weigh in and I am a little scared. LOL! Hopefully the water retention phase has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom_Rach View Post
    I just got back from the gym...treadmill 4 days in a row. Stepped on the scale on Friday to find myself down 1 lb -- I'll be happy if I can lose 1 lb (or 2) a week for now. I had hoped to lose a little faster, but I'll take what I can get. This week may be a challenge due to DH's schedule, I am going to have to fit working out during different times of the day. The pilates DVDs will probably also get a good rotation, as it's easier to pop that in when I have a free half hour, as opposed to waiting til he gets home.

...it's when DH is home! The kids keep me busy otherwise, but when he is home, we all just like to sit together and do nothing...
    Yes! When DH is home, we tend to all just sit around together. Hmmm.

Woo-hoo! Today I jogged/walked 5.5 miles! I did four of the miles on the treadmill then the other mile and a half outside with the school's running club. I can't believe I'm actually enjoying this! My friends are trying to convince me to do a half marathon at the end of March. I don't think I'll be up to running it, but I'm pretty sure I could walk it. Guess we'll see how it goes then. I also did well with my points today too, so that was a good feeling.

Yay, Jamie, great job!!!

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey.
    Good for you, Jamie! Doesn't it feel great? I'm so ready to start running again, I just need to wait for the weather to cooperate somewhat.

So I finished my first calendar week (only 6 days) of WW online and lost 2.3 lbs! I was actually really surprised. Maybe it's my psyche but my pants feel a little lose today. I had no wine and didn't use any of my bonus points this weekend, I guess that helped. Still feeling hungry but the happy news from the scale sure helps.

Love that happy news from the scale! Way to go Pamie!!!! Here's to many more successful weeks for all of us. And yes, the running feels good--never thought I'd see myself say that.

Today I am trying to eat well and track my points. I'm about to start trying to eat inanimate objects, though. I AM HUNGRY!

This is what I get for letting things go.
    sugarplum: facebook :: blog :: twitter
    just me: my bloggity blog :: pinterest

happily creating for: krystal hartley :: studio flergs

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleseitler View Post
    Today I am trying to eat well and track my points. I'm about to start trying to eat inanimate objects, though. I AM HUNGRY!

This is what I get for letting things go.
    Step away from the glue!

No change for me since Thursday. I am glad it is a new week! Last week I was on a sugar/starch detox and I was happy to have my 40 calorie slice of bread this morning. Diet bread has never tasted so good!

Great job Pamie!

LOL Nicole! Keep up the good work, it'll pay off!

Amanda, you rock! And yay for bread!

Hey everybody.
    I keep starting and then quitting Weight Watchers. It seems like I stay at the same weight no matter what, but if I'm on WW I just obsess more. I'm not upset about my weight right now by any means; I'm at an 8 year low, AND I'm eating well, and I'm moving more. So maybe I should just pay attention to my OLW (less) and trust myself and give up on WW.

Pamie, AWESOME! Wow!

Chloe, how great is it to finally realize something you've been struggling with!! I live for that kind of stuff!

Nicole, APPLES!! Eat some apples! Eat them straight off the core. It's a lot of work. That's what I do when I feel like I need to eat all the foods.

Amanda, If nothing else, at least your starch cleanse now makes you appreciate the diet bread, right? LOL

Jamie, 5.5 miles!!! WHOA GIRL! Way to go!

I went to my meeting tonight...

...it had been three weeks since I was able to make a meeting (thanks to illnesses!)...

...and last time I went, I had weighed the same as I did before Thanksgiving (meaning I had backtracked)...

...but tonight...

...I have lost another 1.6 pounds!

Only .4 left to get back to what my ticker down there says I've lost. And THEN we can move FORWARD in 2012 and forget about the holidays...

Yay Nicole, great job!!!

COngrats Nicole!

I am actually a bit excited to say that I did nothing today! I was busy with work and life and didn't get a chance to exercise any, but I think my body really needs the rest so I'm trying not to think too much of it. I also had a potluck for dinner tonight and I have NO idea how to figure out the points for that, so I think I'm just going to pass and try to meet my daily goals and no more for tomorrow and Saturday. I tried not to over do it, but there was just so much yumminess! Just a little spoon here and a little spoon there--still too many spoons. LOL Tomorrow is another day though.

WHOO TO THE HOO!

Check out my siggie!

Another 3.5 pounds down makes it 61 total! I was thrilled when I weighed in today. I thought it would take another week of so for the weight loss to kick in after a change in my plan.

I'm gonna celebrate by eating a few frozen dark cherries! Try it sometime! They are super healthy, packed with antioxidants and it is like eating a tiny popsicle.

Ooo! That sounds delicious! I'm just waiting for them to come in season here.

CONGRATS! Wow. 61! WAY TO GO!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast